RussianCow

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

13th September 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Is it possible to bind keys like suicide or giveammo? Or can someone make a ut2004 binder please?

Boss

Russian that lives in Canada

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

whats is binding??

RussianCow

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

13th September 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

lets say, if you bind the key B to giveammo, all you ahve to do is press B for the cheat giveammo to work

Boss

Russian that lives in Canada

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

sweet dude... i see u russian 2.. nice i want a binder 2 now... for weapons..so i dont have to scroll

MBO

Animated JK2 logo! KEWL!

50 XP

20th August 2002

0 Uploads

730 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

You could do this manually, RussianCow: Edit the file "Ut2004.ini"(If I'm correct), and bind whatever you want. Problem is, you need to know the exact commands for the functions you need(For example, as you said, "suicide" or "giveammo").

As for Manslauter, I think you can bind keys to each weapon inside the game, in the options menu; that's standard key functions, they should be there.

hawkofwar

Bird of Prey

50 XP

7th January 2003

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

It should work like it always did. I wouldn't know why they would have removed the preferences menu. Try hitting the "~" key then type in "preferences", you should be able to access raw key bindings from there.

[DA]Caladus

Old dood!

50 XP

20th March 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Actually MBO it's the "User.ini" that you need to edit to bind keys to. Was doing mine last nite. If you want to bind a text chat msg to all use..."[color=red]X=say Howdy!![/color]" (X being the key you wish to bind it to.) You can also use "[color=red]X=teamsay Flag right![/color]" or w/e you want to tell your team only. As for suicide, just bind the word suicide to w/e key you want(I use P) like this "[color=red]X=suicide[/color]". If you bind this "[color=red]X=[/color][color=red]key=pipedswitchweapon 10 | pipedswitchweapon 4[/color]" you will be able to switch quickly from the shockrifle to the translocator, or any other weapon you want. You just need to figure out the correct number id for the weapon you want to use. Hope that helps guys! CYA!:cool: