Ulf

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th February 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I don't know what it is, but all the complaining at the file comment section didn't help. So I have to post a whole thread:

It annoys me that the the staff of this site seems to be lazy, on vacation or something. Nearly every file lacks of a screenie and doesn't even have a real comment (remember? "to be reviewed by the xy staff"). This is too bad because the incoming/released files without a screenie or a description may be good ones but nobody wants to download it because without some info 'bout it there's no intention for it.

In the ebn it's a lack of recognition for the work of the modders.

DoomStalker

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Well, as for the not posting screenies recently, we have had problems.

Problems

Sometimes, authors may also neglect to include screens, and we can't make our own screens all the time, but we do try to in many cases.

Also, some of our staff do take vacations, since it is summer outside.

doesn't even have a real comment (remember? "to be reviewed by the xy staff")

Usually, if you check back at that file within two days, it will have a review.

In the ebn it's a lack of recognition for the work of the modders.

Uhh...no, we recognize them, its not like we are taking their creations and calling it ours, now is it? we give them credit for their stuff, but we cannot help it when they don't give us a name for the developer.

If you think we are doing such a bad job, why don't you ask to be recruited as staff? Then you can help solve these problems which you speak of.

Ulf

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th February 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Sorry, that I was a bit offensive.

For the fact that some authors neglect to include screenshots: I think they would handicap the reputation of their files. Any author who puts some enthusiasm on his work would include a screenshot.

Didn't know that it is really reviewed 2 days later.

About the recognition: I didn't mean that you call their work yours. I wanted to point out that the lack of some additional information causes the filefreak not to download files, although they are maybe good ones.

I didn't want to say that you're doing a bad job; it has only been stagnating for a while. I'd really really like to be a staff member, but I have not really the time and not the required skills...not yet. I have just begun with Frontpage.

thx for taking time for me