Hey people, I have seen many interesting mods/mutators around, but I have a few ideas I think that would be good for someone to try. Here they are:
- "Realistic Hits": People would be thrown away by explosions in a more realistic way. For example, they would flip while on the air and crash against a wall. This "crash" could damage people.
- Weapon - "Air Mine": A small mine with a fan. On one side it's sticky, on the other it has a fan. People could throw it on walls, ceiling, and even ground, and they would stick on the surface. When it sticks, the fan would start, and any nearby item/weapon or character would be thrown away. This could be useful for jumping higher. People could throw it on the floor and jump over it, being thrown up. Alternate fire would make the character hold the mine and make everything standing in his way fly away.
- Weapon - "Magic Mirror": A Mirror that would absorb energy projectiles, making a large attack. Alternate would absorb the projectiles and transform them in ammo. - Protective Armor like in Halo: For those that haven't played Halo, there is a small bar on the HUD. When you get hit, the bar decreases, and only when it's gone you get really hit. After some time without taking damage the bar fills back to normal. If someone could make one with the original look for the bar, it would be good for UT2k3.
- Max Payne-like Bullet Time: Bullet Time with the bar-thing just like in Max Payne. Sound effects could be used too.
- Random Earthquake Generator (or REG): A simple mutator idea, that a earthquake would randomly happen during a match. Caracteristics like duration of the earthquake and chance of happening would be customizable.
- Matrix-like bullet stopping and bullet reversing abilities: Players could have a "the one" like match, where a player could stop bullets or make them go back.
- Team Hooks: It's a crazy idea I had, where, during team games, players could use a hook on the teammates in order to bring them near, throw them far or, in case that they are standing on a high place, pull them up (or slowly descend them).
- Zombie Master: A mod where, when you kill a player withouth gibbing, or simply by getting a headshot(customizable), the dead person would transform into a zombie(not controlled by the killed player). The skin of the caracter could change into another, or, like I thought before, get really darker or black and white. The person that killed the other would be it's master, and the zombie's frags would count towards the master's score. Of course, the zombie would be slower and would only use one kind of weapon. Also, if someone shoots the zombie, maybe it could be setup so his limbs fall but he still moves (like, armless zombie).
I think this is all for now, I may have more ideas, and if I do, I'll post them here. If anyone is interested, please tell me. Ideas and suggestions (about these) are also welcome :D. I hope someone is interested in making one of these.
Russian that lives in Canada
14th December 2003
no my mod that no one wants to make is better!!!! i wanted to have battle damage ( bullet holes, blood splatters, guts, and brains ) on models when they are hit..... in the paintball mod (ums ) they have paint spallets all over ppl...so why cant someone make them into blood and bulletholes? so dead bodies are distinguishable beetwen alive players... i wish blood marks from sof 2 could be made into ut 2003 but no one liked the idea because no one responded to my thread that i made earlier...
Er... Man, bullet holes would be hard to do, as (I think) they would have to make new stuff to the models. Brains could be done, I think, as it would acts like gibs. But please AVOID drifting the discuttion away from the main topic ;). Also, please don't be rude, your idea is good, but noone is here to say "MINE IS BETTER". Anyway that's a creative idea. Oh yeah, don't advertise here if you already made your own post, ok?
Rodrigo Ortiz- Weapon - "Air Mine": A small mine with a fan. On one side it's sticky, on the other it has a fan. People could throw it on walls, ceiling, and even ground, and they would stick on the surface. When it sticks, the fan would start, and any nearby item/weapon or character would be thrown away. This could be useful for jumping higher. People could throw it on the floor and jump over it, being thrown up. Alternate fire would make the character hold the mine and make everything standing in his way fly away.
Argh, I said "fan" but meant propeller :/ hehe sorry for the mistake