MaximusTheGeneral

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

76 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Can enyone help me with this problem about hosting a unreal 2003 demo.

quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yo, if anyone could help: I've been trying to host games but my server gets listed with ping of 'NA' and no one can get in . I think it's b'cos my router isn't configured properly...so anyone who knows the correct settings for it like 'trigger ports', public ports, tcp or udp... do lemme know. Thx _________________

VSK_AgentSmith

L053r

50 XP

29th June 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

The fact that you're hosting from your home computer says it all, it's a bad idea to do anyway, the lag will be horrible either way. If you wan to host a server you should either rent a server from a gaming service.

As far as your router being a problem, it could be and I'm not even going to offer a fix for it because it's not worth my time to do so, but even if you fix it your ping will be outrageous.

If this is an attempt playing with your friends, do a LAN party instead, but seriously though, don't try hosting a server on your Cable/DSL connection (Which is sometimes a violation of your service agreement), it'll be a bad experience for all your players.