KeillRandor

Musician & voicepack maker.:-)

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I'd like to know - because I now have all the gear necessary to do them - (a DAW connected to a Hi-fi, connected to TV/Video and DVD players...:-) ). I'm wondering if there are any tutorials out there - or if anyone knows enough to do one? (I found the tutorial for UT2003, but am expecting 2004 to be slightly different - (or is it? ). (Am planning to do some Muppet voicepacks - along with some Red Dwarf and more Star Wars voicepacks...). Can anyone help?? Thanks, Keill Randor... :type:

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yikes! I don't think I've ever met anyone on GamingForums with as much taste as you... first the name (and there I was thinking I was the only person in the universe to have read Last Legionary :P), then the Red Dwarf suggestion... awesome. Anyway, there's a UT2003 voicepack creation tutorial at http://members.rogers.com/fraggin_phun/UT2003_VoicePacks.html . Most of it should still be appropriate to UT2004, although now you don't have to worry about making custom characters, because you can select the voicepack seperately now. I'm planning on making a few myself actually, Cartman and a port of the old Xan voice (plus Cuss Pack) perhaps...

KeillRandor

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
VertigoYikes! I don't think I've ever met anyone on GamingForums with as much taste as you... first the name (and there I was thinking I was the only person in the universe to have read Last Legionary :P), then the Red Dwarf suggestion... awesome. Anyway, there's a UT2003 voicepack creation tutorial at http://members.rogers.com/fraggin_phun/UT2003_VoicePacks.html . Most of it should still be appropriate to UT2004, although now you don't have to worry about making custom characters, because you can select the voicepack seperately now. I'm planning on making a few myself actually, Cartman and a port of the old Xan voice (plus Cuss Pack) perhaps...

Cool - if the 2003 tutorial is still valid, then I guess I'll be busy for a while...:-) The only problem then, is what to do with the voicepacks when I'm finished???? (I knew I wasn't the only person to have read the Last Legionary Quintet when I tried to get an e-mail address on hotmail, and had to settle for [email="keillandglr@hotmail.com"]keillandglr@hotmail.com[/email] - (don't bother e-mailing that - it's for spam puposes only (registering stuff thats guaranteed to get lots of spam) - I never read anything - just delete it straight away...). (I still think it'd make a good subject for a computer game/conversion/mod - but I only do music). I also use KeillRandor as my standard 'net name too, and always have... ). Keill Randor, The Last Legionary, a.k.a. Darren Tomlyn, fighting on behalf of tunes and good melodies and harmonies, in a town full of Dance music crazed students...

KeillRandor

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The books (also by Douglas Hill) which I think would make the best computer game(s) - are Blade Of The Poisoner and Master Of Fiends. I think that the way the universe works in those books makes them ideal for a computer game. (RPG). I had a long discussion about it with a programmer friend, but he's too busy. I have lots of ideas about it still - but am looking for someone who's interested... - (And yes, I'm being serious here...). :-)