Boss

Russian that lives in Canada

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

i know i can edit the ut2004.ini file to get xan and his other locked friends...how??plz help.. iv seen ppl with xan costumes...

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

There's only two ways I know of to unlock Xan, Malcolm and ClanLord (Skaarj leader). The first, and by far the best way, doesn't always work. Go to your UT2004/System directory and open User.ini (preferably in Notepad). Now do a search (Ctrl+F) for this exact string: [GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage] If you didn't find it, hard luck, your UT2004 is either illegal or just buggy. Reinstalling might fix it, but the second option, while not too preferable, will definitely fix it. If you did find it, notice that the line below says TotalUnlockedCharacters=. Immediately after the = (no space afterwards), add: Malcolm;ClanLord;Xan So the whole section should read: [GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage] TotalUnlockedCharacters=Malcolm;ClanLord;Xan All three characters will now be unlocked. The second way might not let you join some servers, I did something similar in UT2003 and a cheat protector 6 months after the game's release didn't let me join some servers. It's not a proper cheat, but here it is. Again in UT2004/System, open up xplayersL1.upl and xplayersL2.upl (as before, preferably in Notepad). These files are what put together every character in the game, so I don't recommend messing with anything other than I'm saying here... also, make sure you make copies of these two files before changing them. If you run into problems connecting to a server, try switching the changed files with the copies you've made. Near the top of xplayersL1.upl is Malcolm's section. It'll read like this: Player=(DefaultName="Malcolm",Race="ThunderCrash",Mesh=HumanMaleA.MercMaleD,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=PlayerSkins.MercMaleDBodyA,FaceSkin=PlayerSkins.MercMaleDHeadA,Portrait=PlayerPictures.cMercMaleAD,Text=XPlayers.MercMaleDA,Sex=Male,Menu="MALCOLM",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=1) Look for the part that says Menu="MALCOLM", and change it to Menu="". Save and exit. In xplayersL2.upl, do the same for Xan and ClanLord.

Boss

Russian that lives in Canada

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

thank u but i wotn have to worry about this one for a long time.. my comp doesnt play games anymore

Szico VII

We want FF7-2/remake!

50 XP

14th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,683 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

isnt there a way of doing it.... like by PLAYING the game?!

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

No. There's a bug issue there that will be resolved in the upcoming patch.

Benedictus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Do u even get to fight the Skaarj ClanLord in the Sp "Campaign"?

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I think normally, the game randomly picks from the three Godlike teams to choose who you fight in the Championship matches, but for some reason this bug will only let you fight ThunderCrash. I might be wrong, but that's what I've heard. If I'm right, you probably only fight ClanLord if you face Iron Skull in the Championship.

[ZDS]GOUBO

UT2004Files [STAFF]

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

90 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

there is no bug issue

there is only cheaters

you cheat in singleplayer you dont get characters SIMPLE

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Then how do you explain the fact that nearly everyone who's played through single player haven't managed to unlock anything? Even people who haven't declined a single challenge, people who haven't cheated, people who've tried drafting Malcolm, ClanLord and Xan onto their team, people who haven't lost or forfeited a single match, hell even people who've played through on Godlike.

It's a bug issue.

[ZDS]GOUBO

UT2004Files [STAFF]

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

90 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

i got em all without the .ini workaround (scratches head) your all noobs