TheAddict

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th May 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I installed it fine, but if i try to run it i get a critical error(below) and it closes to the desktop. it works fine on my mates PC but not mine.

PC Spec: CPU: Pentium 4 - 2.6GHz RAM: 512MB GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT 128MB OS: Windows XP Pro Direct X: 9.0b HD capacity: 80GB - 10GB free

Critical Error: UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2599 MHz with 511MB RAM Video: No Video

unrecoverable error - bombing out

History: UWindowsClient::UWindowsClient <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

tried reinstalling everything, direct x, drivers and the game. it's baffled Atari helpline and my university tech support.

[ZDS]GOUBO

UT2004Files [STAFF]

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

90 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

uninstall gfx drivers install game then reinstall gfx drivers http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=117376 UT2004 Setup Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1103 MHz with 255MB RAM Video: No Video Setup: Missing version number History: USetupDefinition::Init <- WFilerWizard::WFilerWizard <- Setup i think its the geforce fx 5600 thats what i have and i have same windows xp build but mines only ever got half way through install and it went kapoot then i uninstalled gfx installed game then reinstalled gfx and it worked fine dunno if this will help you but if it does call me god and if that dont work go into UT2004/system and delete UT2004.INI if it still dont work go on atari community forums

TheAddict

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th May 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I've tried these i've already spoken to Atari, and all i got was

"this souldn't be happening, it should run, why is this happening? i don't know maybe you should try reinstalling everything?!?!"

anyone else able to help?

[ZDS]GOUBO

UT2004Files [STAFF]

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

90 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

sorry mate i tried

Waiownsyou3

Computer Technician

50 XP

19th June 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well, first of all, I would like to not create a third account for this forum! I'm sticking to the Unreal Tournament 2004 forums... I'm not going back to the bastards at the Star Trek: Bridge Commander forums (don't ask)! Anyways, I believe your video card is causing the problem. Your computer: OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2599 MHz with 511MB RAM Video: NO VIDEO Do the following steps, they may determine or solve your problem. Solution 1 1. Click START, then RUN 2. Type in "dxdiag" and press OK 3. Click the DISPLAY tab 4. Make sure all DirectX Features are enabled, including Direct Draw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceleration, and AGP Texture Acceleration* 5. Test Direct Draw and Direct3D 6. Look under the DEVICE section of the Display tab 7. Make sure information is available on ALL of the following: Name, Chip Type, DAC type, Approx. Total Memory, Current Display Mode, Monitor 8. If anything in step 7 is missing, you are missing drivers for your monitor (if it can't be identified), or missing drivers from your video card. You video card drivers may also be out of date. Check the manufacturer's main website (preferred), or download from www.nvidia.com if those Nazis haven't already referred you there. Solution 2 (skip this step if your video card is integrated to the motherboard) 1. Shut down your computer and remove the power plug 2. Open your computer (please comply with instructions from your owner's manual) 3. Remove any devices attached to the video card, including anything attached to the S-Video Out and the VGA output or the hard drive power cord 4. Remove your video card from the bus, and make sure it fits in properly into your AGP/PCI/PCI express bus 5. Cautiously attach your video card securly into the slot. Plug in any power cords necessary for the video card into the intended location. Assure your computer has enough watts of power for your specific video card 6. Reattach other wiring including, but not limited to, VGA output cables 7. Turn on the computer 8. Click START, then RUN 9. Type in "dxdiag" 10. Click the Display tab 11. Browse the "Device" section Solution 3

1. Email me at [email="Wai123456789@sbcglobal.net"]Wai123456789@sbcglobal.net[/email] 2. Request my mailing address 3. Send me your GeForce FX 5600 (128 MB) [You pay for all shipping costs] 4. I send you my GeForce FX 5200 (256 MB) AGP 8x card [I pay for shipping costs] Solution 4 1. Threaten the owner of BCFiles.com *Does not apply to PCI/PCI express/integrated video cards/motherboards