Serevinus

Game On!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I have been having this problem for a while now... I think it may be a problem with Dual Head

When I am in UT2003 using the mouse (doesn’t make a difference if I am using the menus or playing a game) every 5-15 minutes the mouse cursor appears on the Windows desktop (if using the menus you can see 2 mouse pointers, one in UT the other on the Windows desktop)... Unfortunately, if you click while this is happening, UT2003 is minimized and I am dumped back to my desktop... I then have to click on UT2003 in the taskbar to get it back... occasionally, once I am back in UT2003, my weapon keeps firing, which is a problem if you are in an enclosed space with the RL or Flak (although clicking my fire button usually stops it, it doesn’t always)

The time it takes to get back into the game can give someone time to kill me, so its rather annoying

This happens in the UT2004 demo as well, but much more frequently

This has happened with 2 graphics cards (the first being an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, the second being an nVidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra) both cards were set up with dual head...The mouse is a Microsoft InteliMouse Optical (connected using USB)... Other specs are, AMD Athlon XP 2800+, 1280Mb RAM (yes that is 1.25Gb), VIA Chipset, Creative SB Audigy2... I don’t think any other specs are relevant

To the best of my knowledge, all devices have the latest drives, motherboard included, and the game is patched to 2225

Can anyone help? This has been getting on my nerves for a while now :( Thanks Jim

SmokeRingHalo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

15th October 2002

0 Uploads

167 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I doubt this has anything to do with your vid card. Sometimes programs running in the background can cause this type of behavior. I would scan your system for spyware with both AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy , and test your system at PC Pitstop which can help identify problematic background processes as well as spotting other potential system problems.

The best part is all of this is free and won't cost you a cent. Try these things first