We are starting an official Clan in UT2004 for those who are interested, please e-mail me.
The name of our Clan will be "Dark Side Troopers" [DST].
As far as the UT2004 game here are some server standards:
1. Game speed will be set @ 130%. It will be like this for all game types, and we'll play all game types, so please don't ask for it to be changed. We are not nOObs and can play other game speeds but prefer it faster. If we are going to set up matches, we have to agree on a game speed with the other Clans, since most Clans wont play @ 130%. So we will have to set it up with the other Clan before hand so we can practice at a different speed if needed. Now we know a lot of people have comments about 130% game speed sucks. Thats just how we like it, so please don't spam up this tread with comments on our game speed.
2. Mutators will be used. We don't know which ones yet, and as stated above, we have to agree with other Clans as to what mutators will be used before hand, so we can practice if needed.
3. We play every Friday night starting @ approx. 9:00pm. The server is "Bastards House -O- Pain", located in Tacoma, WA. Other play times will be set up but the server does not run 24/7.
E-mail me for more info.
1. One of the things we will look at is your ping and connection to the server. Unfortunately DSL is know to cause problems for other players in some areas and on some servers. So unless you have a great DSL connection like 1.5 mb, a high speed broadband connection is prefered. This is not to say your not a good player, but DSL causes known issues, and can hinder gameplay for everyone. If you have DSL we can run a test game to see if your connection is a problem. If it isn't, great! This is another issue people have a lot of opinions about. I was on DSL for several years and tested several differnet games and servers with it vs. friends on cable connections. Simply put there were issues, so please don't spam up this thread with DSL vs. Cable posts, or DSL doesn't cause problems. Please just keep the comments to yourself.
2. You will have to have some play time with the 3 leaders in some DM, and team game type matches. We may sub a leader with another long standing member if a leader is unable to play for some reason. We will have 2v2 matches and see how you handle yourself in the team game types. If you suck, your still welcome to join and play with us, but don't be surprised if you don't get to participate in too many offical Clan vs. Clan Matches. Granted, there aren't constant Clan matches, and you can always set up a Clan practice match with another Clan. The more you practice the better you get. We will try to be fair to everyone, as no one like to be left out, but that said we really don't like to lose!
3. You have to be able to get verbally beat down while playing the game. Back and forth taunting is acepptable to a certain extent, the extent will depend on the situation and it's content. Basically have fun but don't take it personal, or take it personal. Remember, we're here to play the game.
Current Members are as follows: Bastard-Killer Hicks LaCrash Mr. Anderson TaskMaster Viper Wolfgar
Basically we are just looking for members who like to frag the way we do, and don't want to deal with a hard core clans rules. Please e-mail me or PM me if you are interested in trying out/joining. And if you like to play that's about all you really need to join.
Please do the same if you are a Clan and would like to set up a match.
Thanks, TaskMaster [/color]
Looks like we might go to 115% Game speed in UT2004. 130% is looking a lot faster when compared to 2003.