[COLOR=Red]Below is a list of modifcations I would like to see compiled into one large mod (sort of what OL was). I'll keep this thread up-to-date with YOUR suggestions and with links to mods available that answer some of my requests. Please feel free to critique my list. Thanks![/COLOR]
Changes with Mods released already:
- More Aggressive and Random AI (Some areas don't feel like they're under any opposition at all, Cordon and the Swamps for example. mod found here)
- Reduce NPC Bounding box (found here)
- Better Flash Light (found in this mod)
- New Sounds (The sounds from modified SoH are soo much better) (found in here)
- Sleeping Bag (found in this mod, thanks wildpeaks!)
- Looking down iron sights for pistols (found in this mod)
- Random skins of guns (Wood stock on some, composite on others, etc.)(found a nice AK reskin here)
- No crosshairs. (The game always turns them back on :(, mod found here)
- Better Scopes (found here and here)
Changes without Mods yet:
- Being able to customize your wep cosmetically (have a mechanic apply different skins to either equipped weapons for a fee via dialogue box. thanks OddLawnGnome)
- No monsters show up on PDA, only stalkers. (thanks ravage386)
- More Variety of creatures in beginning areas (Such as the OL mod added)
- More side-missions from traders and factions (I don't care if I can keep doing the "Take the Depot from the Bandits" mission all day)
- Add hunger effect (food should not raise health)
- ALL first aid kits should stop bleeding
- More variety of weapons in the starting area (I don't want uber weapons, just at least 3 different types of each class of weapon)
- Random Blowouts (More random than just entering an area)
- Vehicles (maybe a dirt bike? :D )
- A Safehouse in each part of the zone (even if it's just a camp, but a place to store weapons and such, sleep and eat, and maybe even repair your own weapons from picking up "spare parts" from dead npcs and looted weapons)
- No English voices (honestly, the voiceovers in english are god-awful)
- Faction mechanics do all weapon upgrades at the cost of having more expensive upgrades at different places
- Be able to ask friendly stalkers to accompany you for a small periodic charge
- Able to call for back up for a fee (Call in friendly faction NPC's to your location temporarily)
- More realistic Day/Night Cycles with Random Nights (sun rises and sets in correct positions and some nights the moon is out and others it's too cloudy) Thanks to nalex66 and Lorentz.
- Guides of your faction transport you to other controlled territories for free or at least with a discount. (thanks protyx)
- Better stealth mechanics (easier to sneak up on stalkers at night, and better use of the knife) (thanks protyx)
- Weather remains the same on saves. (I loaded a game I'd saved in the rain but it was sunny as day)
How about re-adding the SoC Bar and Train Depot areas to Clear Skies?
Hopefully we can get a good list ofideas for mods here. One i posted which should just be a small tweak, is:
- running like you do in SOC, where you hold the rifle sideways, rather than just having weapon sway.
and some bigger mod ideas:
- A less populated zone. Less stalkers, more mutants (bloodsuckers, zombies, dwarfs etc)
- Removing the terrible, terrible music from the bandit & freedom camps
And the changes that might actually be impossible, im not sure as i know nothing about modding except installing them
- Return to lab x16 / x18 - return to the Bar
I feel stupid for asking, but how do I edit my original post? I can't find an edit button anywhere!
EDIT: Weird, I can still edit this post though. Do I not have sufficient privileges to edit my original post? This is bugging me.
You can edit posts for half an hour ;)
hmmv50cal;4591138You can edit posts for half an hour ;)
So there is no way to update and addon to my original post? That's just stupid. This is the only forum on the internets that does that.
Well nvm folks, I won't be working on this post anymore. You can visit the same one over at GSC and Steam:
How about a New mod manager that doesn't suck and doesn't take ages to load a mod? This way, you can avoid the mod overwriting mod and time consuming editing and pasting.
Could I get this thread locked? I will no longer be editing it. As I said above, please visit those threads for updates.
I have a few ideas also: 1) Bring back / fix stealth mechanic. We completely lost the feedback to give us an idea how well concealed we are. To me, stealth & tactics are a much bigger part of the game than heavy artillery should be. This isn't Duke Nukem. A truly sneaky stalker should be able to prevail against a patrol of troops with nothing more than his trusty silenced pistol, a knife, and his mad skilz :cool:. I'm not sure how I feel about the perception level of enemies. Sometimes I can sneak right up on them & catch them by surprise, and sometimes it seems that they are psychic. Maybe it's just because I get impatient & get sloppy...:uhm: 2) Let us know when we're hungry! I've died 3x simply by starving to death. I've taken to watching the clock just so I can plan to have regular meals & therefore avoid death. I realize that Scar is suffering from damage to his central nervous system (not really a spoiler, since it says this in the first 10 mins of the game), but he should at least be able to tell when he's hungry. 3) They need to fix the event when you leave the Swamp & get to Cordon. I don't mind coming out of the tunnel right next to the miliary checkpoint. I don't mind having to fight / sneak past 12 armed soldiers. But what pisses me off is that no matter how sneaky you are, they are immediately alerted to your presence & cut loose with the heavy machine gun. If you're careful & quiet, you should be able to sneak past this without triggering the alert.
I totally agree. The very first time I saw screenshots for Stalker back in 2003. I thought of a loner character, fighting for the motherland. Similar to the lone sniper character in Behind Enemy Lines movie. Yeah he was the bad guy. But that's what I thought of when I seen first pics of Stalker and the scoped Vintorez. With him going through the vast city-scape of Pripyat (not that small ass map we got in SOC). I want more of a COD4 version of Pripyat. Anyways I love the idea of hunting, using stealth, tactics and there is no way in hell every enemy on the map should know where you are when you attack from behind with a knife or use a silencer. COME ON!