This version comes with extra spawns in the swamps and cordon. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW GAME in order to activate these spawns.
I will tell you when the mutant attack on the loner base happens for this version but in future releases I will keep it a secret, this is mainly for testing purposes.
You have to talk to the captured commander for the first time after talking to father valerian, this will activate the attack. There is also a new event when you ask the soldier under the bridge in cordon "who are you?" and follow the dialog chain.
The Horror mod for CS is an attempt to create a "scarier" atmosphere to play in and generaly make survival a struggle. In its current state it is quite difficult. Even on novice you can be killed very quickly. You will have a hard time finding ammo and other supplies so don't run in all guns blazing or you will quickly find yourself lying face down in the dirt
- added extra mutant spawns in the swamps via dialog, some are large packs of mutants so be careful .
- Added a mutant attaack to the loner base in cordon, you have to question the commander for the first time and then they spawn.
- Added a little something extra to the conversation with the military stalker under the bridge, you have to ask him "who are you?" to see what I mean.
- you can now take out your weapons in a faction base.
- changed the ammount of ammo recieved from the trader at the beginning of the game to be even lower.
- Added 3 new music tracks that play in the swamps and cordon.
- Removed the new dynamic music, might do this at a later date.
- thick fog surrounds the player and nightimes are very dark
- removed the sun so it doesnt poke through the fog like a sore thumb. The god rays still come through but they kind of suit it so they will stay.
- the AI vision attributes have been altered so that they cant see you before you see them (something cool to try is drawing back into the fog and flanking them as they can't see you going around. Works a treat)
- the tansparency_threshold setting has also been edited so they cant see you through grass and bushes as easily
- the amount of ammo and other supplies found on corpses has been greatly reduced
- the amount of ammo given to you by the trader at the beginning pf the game has been reduced
- accuracy has been improved
- gun damage has been increased thanks to nemboos ammo mod (cheers nemboo) combat is now very deadly You can die very quickly, even on novice.
- the main menu music has been changed (made by me )
- the minimap has been removed (thanks deadlytigger)
- the enemy/nuetral and mutant dots have been removed from the pda map only friendlies remain
- the binoculars no longer zoom in as it is quite pointless, this sounds like an odd thing to mod but it allows you to quickly take out your binocs and scan the area for lifesigns (lol) in front of you without any fuss.
- the main menu graphic has been altered, it kinda looks crap atm but it gives you an idea of what im after. Notes: There is a minor bug that automatically sets "show weapon" in your options to off so just go into your options and turn it back on if you dont want invisible weapons. A fix is coming asap :)
hi sounds grate but if i might point out , with this amount of difficulty it might be nice to implement some sort of field strip and cleaning kit for your guns .or random stalkers in the wild that have repair capabilities for a higher price . i find my self having to back track quite a bit just to " have " repairs dune to my guns & armor . in that you either need cold hard cash for guides or hall back-up weapons for the treck home . ..... unless you improve the condition of the weapons NPC'S drop . lol is funny NPC's can be dead eye d!ck and win you kill-em there gun is trash " how the hell can thay shoot with these things , is there gun damage ? like if you shoot a gun that the NPC is holding dos it take damage ?? if so wheres the gun armor +) just some thoughts , cant wait to see what you produce . sounds very cool . wish i had the knowledge to mod . but then again that might be bad as id have the psy dogs freeze you and try to molest your leg . Ooooo... and the invisibo bloodsuckers would infiltrate bases & attack with the cover of night , silently taking out perimeter NPC'S with out alerting the rest of the base .... any way to give a bloodsucker a gun ? jk.
I spose I could make the guns degrade at a slower rate and make the ones npcs drop a little better. I know what you mean about the AI been dead on too might have to do something about that. The way it is atm playing on master is almost impossible. There will deffinitly be bloodsuckers in the bases :)
ya i knew it you kick ass haha. i do like the accuracy of the NPC'S ( i play novice tho ) it gets 1 out of the mind set of just run & gun the hole game thayll miss anyway . seeing the tactics of NPC'S in other games i have to say stalker is by far the best in my opinion . haha its almost as if NPC'S since win your lining up a shot , and thay start to move around more , or go for cover . i love to make-em squirm . hmm... last surviving NPC retreats and hooks up with closest ' same faction patrol ' to come back for revenge .... leave no witnesses . +) no one in there right mind would hang around after 5 of there homes just got worked , or were out numbered 5 to 1 . **sorry 1 more , i swear last thing** ... NPC half dead on ground pull out nad for mithrel* . 1 shot and there dead but nad gos off if you try to loot =)
Booby trapped corpses (if thats what you meant) would be pretty cool but there would have to be a way of disarming them. No idea how to achieve any of that though. I got some screens of the crazy storms that work now, [COLOR=blue]http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sscalaghan100708044346emc3.jpg[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sscalaghan100708045309efp0.jpg[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sscalaghan100708045511elh4.jpg[/COLOR]
ya thats what i meant & thats what i was thinking to after post ... Disarmerment.... Detection . im not a moder so you dont have to respond to my psycho babel . - search triggers drop nad - drop nad triggers spoon sound & exit trade screen - = player pick up drooped nad in 4 sec. then search ... compromise to disarm or detection complications . feels plausible since some npcs do drop nads on ground but there inactive . that sky looks sick . like atmospheric radiation bursts emitting from the clouds or something . will thay emit a burst of light at night ?? is that what jpg. 2 is ??
Dancalx;4618209 I got some screens of the crazy storms that work now, [COLOR=blue]http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sscalaghan100708044346emc3.jpg[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sscalaghan100708045309efp0.jpg[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sscalaghan100708045511elh4.jpg[/COLOR][/quote]
Very much digging the storm, i always wondered why the weather was regular in the zone, youd expect like fire showers and water that went up or shadows pointing towards the sun (that one is taken straight from the book). This sky bring something surreal to the zone and i like it. Btw it looks very half life 2ish lolz.
[quote=cerealkilleronurass;4618287]ya thats what i meant & thats what i was thinking to after post ... Disarmerment.... Detection . im not a moder so you dont have to respond to my psycho babel . - search triggers drop nad - drop nad triggers spoon sound & exit trade screen - = player pick up drooped nad in 4 sec. then search ... compromise to disarm or detection complications . feels plausible since some npcs do drop nads on ground but there inactive .
This would be extremely difficult to achieve. For one, there is no code in existence that allows picking up of triggered nades so dropping one and then having the player pick it up is out. Having the corpse rigged to blow when he unsuccessfuly tries to throw a nade is also difficult as youd have to write a script to register when such events occured. Aside from all that if it were possible, disarment would be very simple, just shoot the dead body to give it a small jolt causing the body to drop the nade and let it blow up. The player would simply get used to shooting every dead thing to make sure its not rigged with a nade.
But like i said i doubt any of this is possible.
The lightning is the same stuff you see during a blowout but used for a normal storm. Shadows pointing towards the sun would be pretty trippy. Ive changed the scenery a little same as in the original horror mod heres a few screens of what to expect. [COLOR=blue]ImageShack - Hosting :: trees2st2.jpg[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]ImageShack - Hosting :: trees1gf3.jpg[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]ImageShack - Hosting :: trees3jh8.jpg[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]ImageShack - Hosting :: trees4lh7.jpg[/COLOR] and this one without the fog so you can get a better look, [COLOR=blue]ImageShack - Hosting :: withoutfogdo6.jpg[/COLOR]