macdola

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th October 2008

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

So far 1505 has been ok except for one major flaw. i started a new game (just coz i felt like it =p ) And everythign works fine, EXCEPT when i need to get the guide to take me to the Cordon for the first time. He is asleep in one of the shacks and never comes out, and when you go to wake him up, the game crashes to the desktop!!! AAARGH!!! I'm stuck ni the swamps. considering going back to 1504 until this is fixed. anyone else having this problem?

Bad_Motha

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

10th May 2008

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

It may depend on how the game is played cause not all the Clear Sky NPCs end up taking shelter or standing in the same places all the time. I've played many many times and most of the time, the guide that takes you to Cordon should be standing up, next to a water-well. Like the Clear Sky base up on the North-East side of Swamps for instance. Alot of times that guide is either outside sitting down or inside the building there sitting down. Not always the same place everytime I play though. But 90% of the time he is in just one place.

macdola

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th October 2008

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

yeh, thats what i thought too at first. but having played aroundin the swamps for ages now, and having gone through a whole day cycle again, the barstad guide isn't waking up, lol, he never moves. yet, like what usually happens, the red circle is pointing to the well in the southern farmstead where he is usually standing. so yeh, im not sure.

cheers for your insight though :)

-=Nemesis=-

I'm Board !

50 XP

5th October 2008

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

just a theory but why don't you try killing them all ? :KTA:

If you do you should get a message saying that "we lost the swamps" and clear sky should send out another squad of stalkers (with a brand new guide) to capture it ?

Amraam

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

30th April 2008

0 Uploads

749 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

...and then he'd be an enemy to CS and he'd be completely screwed.

Yeah, THAT'S gonna work... :D

-=Nemesis=-

I'm Board !

50 XP

5th October 2008

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

well I've done it plenty of times and there still friendly !

I think that they just like you a little less each time you kill one of them ? =p

Or you could try doing some missions for them so your friendly and then kill them all i know is that i wiped out a whole village and there replacements where still friendly

Amraam

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

30th April 2008

0 Uploads

749 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

-=Nemesis=-;4622457well I've done it plenty of times and there still friendly !

I think that they just like you a little less each time you kill one of them ? =p

Or you could try doing some missions for them so your friendly and then kill them all i know is that i wiped out a whole village and there replacements where still friendly

Ah OK, in that case, may as well try it. I do like the faction war idea. In SoC, I'm sure that if you killed a single faction member, the entire faction would instantly turn hostile. However something I hate, is when you kill a group, say 3 stalkers gaurding a remote camp fire, when they respawn, they are hostile too. How would they possibly know??!

macdola

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th October 2008

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

yeh, ive tried killing em, but then they all turn 'yellow' on my pda and radar rather than 'green' if you know what i mean. Also, dunno what its like killing sleeping people, coz you usually dont get the chance, but if i shoot the sleeping guide in the foot with a pistol that uses 9X18mm (or whatever the weakest calibre is) he dies instantly and his body flies and hits the wall!!! so im not sure if thats normal when shooting a sleeping person of if it definatly a glitch. I'll try the killing everyone in the area idea and let you know how it goes. Incidentally, is anyone else having this or any other problem with patch 1505?

gasdorf

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th November 2007

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

why does the freedom checkpoint shoot on site even if your a freedom member? fing wack?