1.0004 patch? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Anyone heard anything about this renowned patch? Last time I saw anything about it at all was on the developers game-site. Although now that news is gone >_> can't seem to find it in the news archive either. I've heard rumors that it's going to fix A LOT of annoying bugs, and added to that that the game will flow smoother. If anyone know anything about the patch and how it's coming along, scribble it down here. Or if you have any general thoughts about it at all. What do you want it to do? What do you not want it to do? You know the drill. Personally I hope for a less buggy game, which actually is playable from start to end without vessel-bursting outbreaks on small irritation moments caused by bugs. Save games not working etc. etc.

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

It doesn't do any good to speculate really because GSC will put out several planned change logs then release a patch that is not consistent with any of the actual logs. We'll know when they release it. I just don't like that optimization is never on the lists and it's the one thing that's needed most.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

I suppose you're right. But I'm still interested in to see what the common player would like to see. But I am sure they'll make a better job than so far. the 1.0001 patch seemed to bring more bugs than it fixed for example. at least for me >_>

0rpheus

Helllllooooo world!

50 XP

21st March 2007

0 Uploads

80 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Ofcourse the game will flow smoother, the next patch is going to have the Float32 mod in it :)

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

I wasn't impressed at all with Float32, and since it's biased toward Dynamic Lighting users it shouldn't even be considerd as part of a patch.

dannyboy01

drunk in charge of an uglyface

50 XP

4th April 2007

0 Uploads

460 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

yeah, i can't use dynamic lighting due to my low end pc so float 32 is useless to me pretty much and i'm not the only one in this position.

0rpheus

Helllllooooo world!

50 XP

21st March 2007

0 Uploads

80 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago
>Omen<;3803471I wasn't impressed at all with Float32, and since it's biased toward Dynamic Lighting users it shouldn't even be considerd as part of a patch.

So you're saying that if some people can't run the game on Full Dynamic Lighting then the Float32 mod should not be included in the next patch...? I'm sorry but I can't see the logic in your reply....:confused:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 11 years ago

I can. Let me make it simpler for you; Since the Float 32 will only be available for people who actually CAN use Full Dynamic Lighting rendering, it feels very unneccesary to include it in a patch. Much rather they should make it an official download if people who CAN use Full Dynamic Lighting wants to have it. For us mortals, who can only use Vertical Lighting, well... the Float 32 is pretty much useless. Hence; useless in a patch. I think I got it all right. If I didn't make it even more complicated xD

dannyboy01

drunk in charge of an uglyface

50 XP

4th April 2007

0 Uploads

460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

you hit it on the head there wabid, they should make float 32 easy to install for those who want it and keep the patch for more important matters such as getting rid of all the damn bugs etc. :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 11 years ago

hehe. happy to oblige ^^ or even a better idea; just make it an option in the patch setup... like "Would you like to include Float 32 to the installation?" and then a little box which you can check... either 'yes' or 'no'... you all know how it looks ^^ that would be both efficient and time-saving :)