Constant MP crashes 10004 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Hi all,

I finally got a copy of Stalker today, installed the 10001 patch by accident, before realising I needed 10004. I've tried to play multiplayer, but every match, for no apparent reason, the game crashes, leaving me with a "X-ray engine bug trap" box. I will try and get a screen print, but if there is a fix I would really like to know, if not, I just hope GSC recognises this as I can't play :uhm:

Many thanks.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 12 years ago

Here is a screen shot of the error message

http://www.justflecktarn.co.uk/images/stalkercrash.jpg

TheWhiteDove

Hello, hello...

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

187 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Hi..

You don't tell us : - which windows version you have - if it's up-to-date - what graphic card you use - which drivers - etc..

To have a full log, for WinXP, look under 'Shared_Documents/STALKER-SHOC/logs' and open 'xray_.log'. Error is at the end of doc..

-- TWD

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago

Vista home pre mium, 2 months old, updating now, graphics card is a geforce go 7400, stock drivers (never had a problem on single player.)

I believe this may be the same problem, GSC Game World - Official Site

Many thanks.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

Error report: 001B:20B0B9C8 imon.dll 001B:20B0B5E9 imon.dll

imon is a nod32 component, however I have played with nod32 turned off, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks again.

TheWhiteDove

Hello, hello...

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

187 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Hi..

Sorry to say I'm not on vista and I do not play mp at all...

Anyway, try to locate the log file and check it.. sure someone will give you better advices than me..

'Good luck, Jim..' (tm) -- TWD humbly out..

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

The last two lines of the log file are "001B:20B0B9C8 imon.dll 001B:20B0B5E9 imon.dll"

Thanks.

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

STALKER is well-known to not work flawlessly on Vista machines. I might be curious about that....

KNIGHTFOX

Post to cool too I'm

50 XP

23rd April 2006

0 Uploads

79 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

well apparently imon may need an update, the crash may also be caused by the shaders(maybe try lowering video settings) and I also had a similar problem with x-ray bug trap when my power supply was going bad.

noobaby

"BORN OF SIN"

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

NOD 32 ain't your problem. Run the game in single player till it is flawless, check tweakguides.com They have ace detail on the Vista stuff. After the game is smooth then try MP. I only started using it since 1.4 and I have no problems and my machine is as old as time.