JakeG

Newgrounds.com

50 XP

20th May 2007

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Hi guys, so I bought STALKER a week ago (great game BTW), but my friend wants to borrow it now, but he has a crappy Geforce 4000 gfx card. His CPU,RAM etc. all pass minimum requirements.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 12 years ago

umm the games gonna look like the alpha version for him then. everythings gonna be set to very low. put it this way. if i threw up. thats what the games gonna look like.

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I wouldn't even attempt it with a card that old. It doesn't really matter if all else meets minimum requirement if the most important part, being the GPU, is way outdated.

JakeG

Newgrounds.com

50 XP

20th May 2007

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

So would even trying to let him borrow mine and install it be a complete waste of time?

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Pretty much, why don't you tell him to save that money he's not spending by borrowing games and get a new card. He's already making use of something that's considered taboo by some in sharing a title. Can't expect everything free, especially the required hardware.;)

JakeG

Newgrounds.com

50 XP

20th May 2007

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago
>Omen<;3828559Pretty much, why don't you tell him to save that money he's not spending by borrowing games and get a new card. He's already making use of something that's considered taboo by some in sharing a title. Can't expect everything free, especially the required hardware.;)

Ok, thanks. He actually has his eye on a Geforce 6600 ( it's used though, on Ebay). Here's the item eBay Item: 220134948334 (Ends 08-08-2007 00:10:59 PHT) - Gainward Nvidia Geforce 6600 256MB PCIx

&gt;Omen&lt;

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Well that will run it, though on pretty low settings. The main thing is for not much more you can get the same thing new with full warranty, at least here in the states anyway. I guess it depends on what's available down there in the Philippines. It's not so much the price as the warranty. If I were you I would try and find an XFX if you're going to go used. XFX is the only manufacturer I know of that gives even a second owner lifetime warranty. On the other hand the seller has a good rating, and says it's near new condition. Add to that the fact that Gainward uses top bin chips and it may be an OK card. If you end up going new keep in mind you're in an area remote to most manufacturer's RMA centers. XFX however does have a location in Japan, which puts them in fairly reasonable shipping distance from you.

siggi11

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

8th June 2007

0 Uploads

215 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Don´t even try, it isn´t going to work. I run the game on full but i have 8800 GTX