Fadeaway

Fegh.

50 XP

4th March 2007

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Don't preach about SoC's so-called 'sandbox/non-linear' style gameplay. A sandbox has no practical purpose if there's very little to do or see in it. The only good / bad thing is being able to skip between a set of highly limited zones, backtracking if you will. For what? Some crummy, nonsensical ending and flawed plot, a host of generic human enemies, the occaisional interesting mutant and a whole lot of sprinting around - oh, plus a small city and one or two underground areas. It may as well have been an oversized £30 tech demo in the theme of Half-Life 2.

I'm not getting Clear Skies simply because they screwed up with the first one and seem to think that quietly moving all the features into another game is OK.

An excerpt from one of my rants on the FileFront Game Network site for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Long story short, I'm highly unlikely to buy Clear Skies, no matter what wonderful promises GSC put forward, mostly because THQ will step in and put an end to them in exchange for turning it into a completely meaningless bullet-fest with a story loosely taped on.

Discuss.

TheBestCZE

GANGSTER : Shadow of Compton

50 XP

24th May 2007

0 Uploads

104 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

whatever, you might not like the game but many other people do. Anyways what kind of story would you expect in a game like this? Something like the story in Mafia or Max Payne 2 probably isnt possible to make in a game like STALKER. and btw, i think half life 2 sucked, i for one didnt like it

Boss

Russian that lives in Canada

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

dude, half life 2 may be the greatest game in history

Fadeaway

Fegh.

50 XP

4th March 2007

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

EDIT: Never mind.

Half-Life 2 had physics. So what? Compare being able to chuck a couple of boxes around at some brainless generic stormtrooper soldiers to games that came before and after it. Calling Half-Life 2 the 'greatest game in history' is like declaring someone the winner of a contest without having even seen the other contestants.

dannyboy01

drunk in charge of an uglyface

50 XP

4th April 2007

0 Uploads

460 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

halflife 1 drew me in in a way hl2 never managed, ok it had great vistas and lots of intelligent enemies/friends but it had no "soul" for want of a better word. my opinion of course, think what you will. as for clear skies? after having to restart so many times due to new patches and bugs etc in shadow of chernobyl i think i'll wait a while before buying it, making sure as many bugs as there will most likely be are ironed out first.

Fadeaway

Fegh.

50 XP

4th March 2007

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

I wouldn't count on the bugs being removed by the end. Publishers today seem to be so hellbent on getting their product out first that they don't care if their product is unfinished or ridden with game-crippling problems.