So just yesterday I installed this mod and wow is it good!
I mean the textures, weapon skins, new environment, tweaked weapon damages [sawed off actually is useful for for a tier 1 weapon], upgrades for weapons, etc.
I think the thing I like the best is the sheer amount of weapons in the game. Like I went to Rostok as fast as I could to find new weapons and I found a Steel Scale up on the little platform behind the boxcar in rostok, just laying there! What luck! Anyways, I found a M16 which had really good accuracy, till I found this LR300 kind of weapon, each has it's own skin which I think adds a ton of variety to the game. I find that if I can scope it [IMO the M16, the long gun not the Commando, has the best zoom in scope the red one, very nice] and silence it, I just pop one in the head in semi-automatic mode, that is the shit. No need for high rate of fire or crazy zoom like the Stoner25 [got that in the Army warehouses in one the sniper towers. Good gun but accuracy a little low].
So I'm wondering, where do I find that gun in the splash screen menu, that grey thing? I assume it's an uber weapon, yes? Not that it will be my fav gun but I want to find all the guns, sort of as a completitionist.
Also, when I went to Agrppom and got the documents from the Duty hq, the dude in the room crouching by the documents had a kick ass desert eagle, high damage but much better overall then like the eagle you find under the bridge in Rostok. Anyways I sold it because i couldn't find ammo for it at the time but then I completed more of the main quest and bang, the Bar sells ammo now. Will I ever get that gun again?? It was so cool!
Point out some bugs while I'm here,
1. Whenever I ask about Jobs, CTD no bugtrap, just bang it's on the desktop.
2. When I run with my G36 or the long-barreled G36, the Kurtz, I believe, the gun is put down on an angle, tucked away as I run but the rail at the top of the gun is see-thru, like the texture disappears. Just try it and look.
3. Whenever I fire my gun, pistol, rifle, etc on the hand that grips the gun, a little red flash occurs. It's like a small red light turns on. It only happens if I fire in single-shot mode. It's happened with everything from my desert eagle to my pimped out M16.
4. Whenever I enter the Bar from the garbage, right before I cross over the little bridge with the dogs, the game freezes for like 20 seconds. Occasionally it CTDs, but usually just freezes then unfreezes.
5. I can approach a bandit, military, or any NPC that is usually my enemy and trade exactly 1 item with him but then he turns agro and fires on me. Why is this?? Why can't we get along?
6. The Kriss SMG is messed up, the textures are like mirrors almost, it's really weird texture to it. I dunno if the bump# map is messed up or what.
Overall this is a kickass mod, the best SoC ever had. I hope patch comes out for the bugs, but if not it's still the best mod out there!
BTW, I unpacked the mod and it was 2.2 gigs. Talk about new content!
Uh I might put in some requests, just for the heck of it I suppose.
1. Fix bugs in the spoiler box if possible, esp the Jobs issue.
2. Make all unique weapons like the uber desert eagle available from someone to buy, ie Bar man or scientist in Yantar. I don't mean right away but say after I do the Brainscorcher and come back to older areas then have the good gear ready to be bought.
3. More Duty raids Freedom or vice versa in the Bar.
4. Can put silencer on all pistols and have that little cobra scope on my desert eagle or automatic sub-machine gun like Kriss, Mac10, etc.
5. M203 and VOG grenades less rare.
6. Dunno if this is possible at all but could we possibly get the upgrade system in Clear Sky into SoC? I mean like I can mod my Pernach to hold 50 rounds and mod my Leather Coat to have kevlar plates, that kind of thing? I was thinking just buy the upgrades not find flash drives. It's easy to make 50k in 5 minutes in this game with all the looting so money shouldn't be an issue.
That pause when you enter the bar is normal on a big mod. dunno why, it just is. that red flash is an odd choice of color for the "muzzle flash light" that comes from many wepaons in the mod, it even happens when you have a suppressor (silencer) Im working on a reskin for the Kriss dunno about the G36 rail glitch YOU CAN TRADE WITH ENEMIES 0_0 If jobs crash you its usually because you arent patched properly or theres a discrepancy in the spawn file. I dont have this mod but I have one with very similiar feature BTW. I know most of those issues.
Camo_Ninja;4942994 If jobs crash you its usually because you arent patched properly or theres a discrepancy in the spawn file.
I have this problem with 2.0 and it doesnt seem like 2.2 has fixed it, what patch can I get to fix this problem.
Found that early model SCAR weapon in the splash screen. It's OK, nothing special. I like the weapon model but it's nothing unique. I thought it was uber, it just has the same stats as the M416, another assault rifle.
Got all weapons but Minigun, I think that's in there, at least I hope it is. And the P90, haven't gotten that yet.
Found that super eagle again, Bar man sells it after I do the Yantar mission.
Best weapon is still the Vintorez VSS. Maxed accuracy [which is most important, just always always always go for the headshot], very high damage, it's the best gun. I play on Hell and even then it's too easy so I sold that gun. Funny thing is, I've found that silly gun in 3 places now!
* In the elevator shaft electrical box when you do the Yantar mission.
* SOMETIMES, not always, laying in the first abandoned house in Military Warehouses, the house north of Freedom Hq building, to the left of the downed tree.
* SOMETIMES, not always, in the sewer manhole thingy in Military Warehouses. When Duty blows through the wall, take a hard right and down a little jump is the sewer thing, look in the stash.
The game has become unplayable though recently, it seems the farther I get in the game [On my way to secret hotel and all that now], the more unstable it becomes. It's not even funny, sometimes I get Bugtrap and CTD within 5 minutes of starting up the game. It's totally fucking random, I see no pattern to the CTD and occassionally the CTD+Bugtrap. I can be walking in the dark in Agropom collecting weapons and killing Bloodsuckers, bam CTD. I can be just trading with Bar man and bam CTD. I can be SAVING MY GAME IN GAME and bam CTD. Fu.cking pisses me off. The mod is so good but it's unstable as a moth.erfuc.ker for me.
Besides the VSS, the most accurate gun is one of the LR300's, it's accuracy is maxed. Found that one in Rostok.
I'm currently running with my M16 scoped, silenced as my primary with my secondary as the Glock auto, awesome gun that.
I'd post pics but that's another thread with issues, can't get game to take screenshots. I have 3 steel skins for artifacts, 2 elder glassbeads and one other artifact, forget it's name, takes away 63 radiation and hurts my shock damage a little bit. I heal my bleeding and health with artifacts, I loled and said I wish there was an artifact to heal my armor, then I'd be set!
Played with all the guns, found some to be very high quality ie Desert eagles, SG550, G36 models, and some to rather lacking in quality or uniqueness like the Kriss, various pistols, Saiga, AK-type models. Yeah there are tons of reskins but is that all that the AK has going on for it?
Overall the mod is still the best out there, but for me it's just unplayable, so unstable for me.
It's a 5/10 for me personally because is SO UNSTABLE but I don't think everyone will have issues like I do. The game adds so much new content it's def the best mod out there.
The thing is, OL 2.2 is completely stable on it's own. Arsenal is said to have caused a few errors for people, but no where near the number you seem to be experiencing. The only reason I know of for random, frequent crashes is down to the wrong mod for your version of the game. Remember there are two seperate downloads for OL 2.2. One for 1.0004, and one for 1.0005.
Other than that the usual culprits are outdated drivers or faulty hardware.
It is probably the mod compilation that is causing most of the problems. Maybe try a different mix and make sure you have the right patch for the right version of the mod. There are also many other good stalker mods out there. Some are really similar to OL.
Yeah I've been on Filefront and it's game sites for 5 years now. I am aware of their file selection.
But once you've tasted the best, it feels like a waste of time to play anything less than the best, you dig? Even if it is flawed crazy bad.
i've been making a mod pack that you have to use on top of OL2.2, i've been making it for a few weeks now and i think its almost done. im not able to download anything thats bigger than like 100 MBs cause of my connection, so if i upload it i would like people to tell me how close it would be to this mod etc.
I have posted here S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Oblivion Lost 2009, Stalker Downloads, Stalker Singleplayer before I noticed this thread.
Is it supposed to be perpetually night time and rainy in the game, using this mod? Seriously, I've played through about 3 days (in-game time) and there has been nothing but rain and darkness, except at the very beginning of the game.