1.0005 a modding question -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

Hey I just bought the game off steam, I love it except for the part where I unload a clip of mp5 into some guys face and hes barley phased. I have looked around and figured out how to change bullet damage and put a dbl barrel shotty into the slot 1 position, but of course when I get in game the damage is unchanged and the shotty won't go anywhere but my 2 hand slot and up my butt. Steam auto updated me to 1.0005 so I think that has something to do with it. How do I mod weapons on this patch and if I can't ,how do i unpatch or downgrade to a moddable patch?

badger-dude

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

19th June 2006

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

I have a sneaking suspicion that you modded the gamefiles themself, without creating a new 'game data' folder? When you patched the game, your modifications were probably overwritten because those files had been updated. Simplest way I see of correcting your problem is to simply download a ready-made mod to change the damage, and then to modify the weapons in that mod... This is what i've done and its much easier, rather than fidling around with the original files. If you take my advice, I woudl recomend downloading this weapon mod: James Blake's Weapon Revamp Mod, Stalker Downloads, Stalker Singleplayer HOWEVER, if you want to use that mod then theres a bug in one of the files but it's easily corrected. Locate the trade_barman file in the new 'game data' folder and remove it (Otherwise it stops you from enterring the bar area). Once you have that mod installed, have a play around with the weapon files (The ones in the 'game data' folder... don't unpack the main game files) Hope that helped :D I'm quite new to stalker aswell :D

badger-dude

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

19th June 2006

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

Oh and don't forget: To use amod you must edit the file "fsgame.ltx" in your installation folder... for instance C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl

Change the second line from: $game_data$ = false| true|

to: $game_data$ = true| true| HOWEVER: weirdly this never made a difference to me... but every other modder reccomend you do it :S