Commander of Duty

50 XP

31st July 2009

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

Hey,

so as the title says, is there any way to merge the 2 mods? I have Stalker Complete 2009, and it's pretty awesome, but when I saw those new weapons on youtube... well let's just say I'm dying to try out new G36 versions and the HK416. I read something about that there will be an update for SC 2009 to work with Arsenal mod, but I'm not sure if it has been released or not. Any help?

ShadeC4

Lit like a molotov

50 XP

13th October 2009

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

All mods can be combined, it's just a matter of knowing what refers to where and connecting everything properly. But that can be complex and tedious... Ya ask me, the best decision is to do what you did: Ask for help.

I still say it's best to ask the creator of either of the mods to merge for you, as they'll know better than you what changes have gone on and what needs to be changed and so forth in order to work with their mod. But it is possible for them to not want to, of course... Thus why asking in public like this is still a very good idea. Chances are there's a modder out there who can help you. Not me, as my skills are very low, and I ended up getting bored with it already. >_>;

Anyways, yeah. Good job for asking for help, but do ask the heads of either of the mods you wanna merge. The creators of any mods seem like a decent enough people (many post around here), so don't be shy about asking... Chances are many (if not all) of them are willing to help you. =)

Sgt.Kanyo

Commander of Duty

50 XP

31st July 2009

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply, the only problem is I don't know who the creators are ^^ (well what's their name here) Anyway I'm just gonna check out the uploaders of the mods, and try sending a PM.

EDIT: Well that didn't work. I tried to send a messeage to artistpavel, but he's not on the forums. Well his mod has a site, so I think I'm gonna try something there.

Jarvis

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

18th July 2006

0 Uploads

519 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

Asking the authors isn't necessarily the best route to take. Authors know their own mods, but rarely know how their mods work with others. That's usually the job of the players, as it's them who want certain mods merged together.

Personally I'd ask the creator of the OL 2.2 + Arsenal RC1 mod, Reptile4077. I know he frequents the GSC forum, so you could try opening a topic there, or you could send him a PM here.

Either way you'd have to merge the files by hand, one at a time, and there are plenty of them. If you don't already have it, I'd suggest getting WinMerge and installing that. Also, you'll need an image editor that can handle .dds files. I use Paint.NET, but there is a .dds plugin for Photoshop CS3 if you use that.

WinMerge Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing NVIDIA Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop (Normal/Cube Maps, DDS)

Extract the Arsenal mod to a temporary folder, then in another window, open up the SC 2009 gamedata. Right click on one of the files you need to merge, and select the new WinMerge option (when you're installing it, put a check in the box next to Enable Explorer context menu integration). The program will open, and the Left box will be filled in for you. You'll need to fill in the Right box by clicking Browse, going to the temporary folder that you extracted the Arsenal mod to, and finding the file to be merged. The files will then open up side by side, showing you what needs to be merged.

It'll be tedious, but at the moment there is no other way of merging mods together. If you can, try to get a few people to help, so you can split the work between you. If there's less for you to concentrate on, chances are less will go wrong.

Best of luck :D

Sgt.Kanyo

Commander of Duty

50 XP

31st July 2009

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#5 9 years ago

Thanks for the info, if all goes south, I'll try that, but I think I'll ask the author first, since he was talking about merging the 2 mods himself. At least some1 asked on his site the same question and the author told him, that he's trying (or might try) to merge the 2 mods. Unfortunately that was quite a long time ago. :)

Xarian_Prime

Lost in the Zone

50 XP

13th March 2010

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago

I just finished doing this the other night.. well not all Arsenal weps as there's way to many clones, but basicly the better ones that fit Stalker..

It was a 3 hour pain in the A%%... my right arm for a .OGF reference detector (lol) after.. ohhh about 30 odd CTD's.. i now have all the corresponding .ogf's & .dds files to make the engine happy again.

Im writing my little mod as a update/patch for SC-1.4.3, just a personal overhaul really. just a FYI.. that merging arsenal was the longest modding experience of my life, but then i didnt take "all" of it & that's what led to all them crashes (missing files) now it's just down to correct icon's .. another fun night ahead.

And.. for anyone working on icons having transparency probs.. Use Gimp, I think im in love