Blowouts in Complete 2009? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 9 years ago

Is it possible? While i certainly did enjoy Oblivion Lost to a high degree, The randomness of it all, blowouts and the random mutant swarms in particular. I cant help but want such devices in Complete 2009. Kanyhalos is a gifted modder, many hours I have spent roaming the Zone in his excellent piece of modding greatness. But Oblivion Lost has one chronic issue that I cannot stand at all, to the point where I uninstalled fro C2009. This being the outright spamming of monsters (with ridangulous amounts of health, mind you) in the underground missions (x18 in particular) and in Pripyat (...3 controllers...? wuhh?).

So. My question to anybody willing to give an intelligible answer. (Can a mod/ is there a mod) that makes blowouts and/or random mutant swarms for STALKER Complete 2009? Or even blowouts/random swarms in the vanilla game? thank you.

otorojikku

GF makes me horny

50 XP

4th July 2008

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

why not instead just make it so theres less mutant spawning in OL2.2 modify the file gamedata/scripts/se_respawn.script with Notepad and make the mutant spawn numbers smaller

Jarvis

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

18th July 2006

0 Uploads

519 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

Stalker Complete 2009, as far as I know, is a fixed version of the base game with graphics enhancements and high res textures. Technically, one of the early blowout mods created for vanilla Stalker should work with it.

Back up your gamedata and give one a try. You've got nothing to lose then.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice boys. Sadly, I have just realized that with blowouts, NPC AI to avoid blowouts is required, which is done pretty well in OL (cept the red forest to pripyat roadhouse deathtrap (some of you may know what Im referring to)). Considering I am a s00pur gimp, I could not do such programming in C2009. Basically it comes down to A) Add blowouts to C2009, potentially turning the zone into a landscape populated with dead stalkers (QQ) B) attempt to modify OL on my PC so there's no monster spamming (Can I edit the spawns for JUST x18 and pripyat? Everything else is all good, dont want to change) and maybe get a more vanilla-esque damage model (because i have grown to like it over time).

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 9 years ago

Crisis Averted. The soupur 1337 dez0wave team has made exactly what im looking for (Freeplay Story) Thanks for the help anyways g's

otorojikku

GF makes me horny

50 XP

4th July 2008

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago

if you want to use OL2.2 with less mutants in certain levels you will want to edit gamedata\config\misc\general_lair.ltx and general_lager.ltx. in these files it has sections for all the levels(even some cut out ones), and under each section is a list of mutants that will spawn in those levels. you can delete the mutants names under the levels you dont want them spawned.

WARCATT

I'm Working on it!!!

50 XP

14th September 2008

0 Uploads

424 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

ACTULY the blow out I understand are part of the story line anyway. so in OL they are fine cause Kany brouth up what was one of many bases in the game. my own experimanting of the game you can attach radios to the belt as well as up date detector devices, you can even sell and trade the bolt itself, I would never upload any mod as a patch as a add attachment to OL. been playing the version for over a year now. how ever there are so draw backs. such as the amk anomilies. for the longest time I never saw a faction war ever. finaly I was able to stop the amk anomilies because my detachment group kept getting killed and I could drive nothing without getting caught. once this was done for the first time I have saw more action in the zone than what I was use to seeing. it keeps you on edge all the time. its like the game never ended. before every one was gone and you were all that was there. playing it now with the amk anomilies disabled has realy in creased a more intrest of what is happening. I had a small detachment of 16 dutiers make a raid on the bandits and it was war. very awsome. also in a list of the scripts I adjusted it so all levels of stalkers from rookies to masters in all arears are still there and in another script adjusted it so it spawns more monsters and zero dogs of all kinds, boars, flesh, and place others instead. also adjusted all the traders, they sale according to the map location between supplies. if you want buck shot you need to go to the coradon trader but if you want dart you see the bar keep. I did this so you can travle back and forth exploring the zone. specale weapons if you can not find them you HAVE to see kanyhalos trader for them as well for all bandit, merch, and monolith outfits. and the kanyhalos trader charges big buicks for it to. if you want to know how, Ok I tell, but this is kany's work so no, I will never place a mod for it. they are just adjustments, I do for me and my friends and kids. nothing more. OL2.2 has been the longest running game here and with the adjustments more...exalent job Kanyhalos hats off to you my friend..

FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#8 9 years ago

Well said Warcatt! I took a few breaks for CS, Prioboi, etc. but always seem to go back to OL. Regarding anomalies, is possible to disable them without editing the allspawn? I now have 13 different OL gamedata folders depending on my mood and want one without anomilies so I can enjoy a nice drive around.