--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- "Faction Change and Reset" by Atrocious -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mini-mod allows you to join any faction in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.! Many people will know this already from Russo's famous ABC Mod. However, this is not extracted from ABC. It's completely re-written. *
Features: --------- - Join any faction you want at the trader in Cordon! - Reset hostile status if you messed with a faction! - Reset hostile status if you messed with an important camp! - Receive gifts when joining a faction! - Joining factions is not for free, the price depends on your standing. - "First time join for free" - option available - Appropriate area accessibility - Join/Leave Freedom and Duty at their HQ; Ecologists at Yantar - Military has a special way of dealing with traitors - Weapon won't be hidden at the traders. Necessary when you play a hostile faction. - Configurable for different preferences. - Easily integrateable into other mods. - Localisation in English and German. - Localisation can be extended easily.
Credit to Russo for the idea and the code examples that got me started! Without viewing his code I wouldn't have known how to begin, because I am new to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-scripting. Special thanx to him for helping me with code examples and tips, even after we had some dissension.
* This is not a rip-off. I wrote the code from scratch. Believe it or not - or better: Open our both script files in WinMerge and see that they are completely different.
Features in detail: -------------------
- Join any faction you want at the trader in Cordon! Sidorovich can make connections to any faction for you. But everything has its price. 20.000 RU is the price to join another faction - unless you have good relations to it already, then its half the price. On the other hand: If you fought them or belong to an opposing faction, you will have to pay a bounty of 40.000 RU in addition to the regular price. By default many factions are locked until you mastered the game, but they can be opened in the options section in \scripts\faction_change.script.
- Reset hostile status if you messed with a faction! Anytime you have trouble with a faction, you can return to Sid and ask for help. So if you're a Bandit and the Mercs are hunting you, you can pay off a bounty at Sid's bunker and they will leave you alone. Of course opposing factions cannot end war so easily.
- Reset hostile status if you messed with an important camp! If you have trouble with one camp that used to be friendly or neutral to you, you can also talk to Sid and he will try to calm them down. But it's not cheap: They will demand the same ammount as if you were fighting the whole faction: 40.000 RU! Also this might not work for all camps. **
- Receive gifts when joining a faction! Best thing when joining a faction: You get gifts! Every faction has its suits and you will get one. If the suit isn't that good, you will get some other stuff to get you started, too. With every faction you will at least get a suit and a knife, but as military and monolith you will get no other weapons! Ecologists and Duty will also get no other weapons but they can still do the missions to get equipment.
- Joining factions is not for free, the price depends on your standing. As written above. Joining a friendly faction costs 10000, a neutral faction 20000 and a hostile faction 60000 (40000 bounty + 20000 regular debt). Also keep in mind that, if you join an opposing faction you can't switch back to your former friends without paying off your bounty.
- "First time join for free" - option available *** After starting a new game, you have 1 hour (in-game) to join a faction for free. It's a one time offer! After joining a faction you can't switch back without having the money! To use this, it must be enabled in the options section in \scripts\faction_change.script. Since you'll get a good suit for free, it can make the start unbalanced and less interesting.
- Appropriate area accessibility -> Ecologists and soldiers can access military territory and also pass the bridge at Cordon (for free). But make sure you always show your documents to the officers at the bridge, before you attempt to pass it! -> As a Dutier: Dutiers will not act as if you were an outsider. You can access their territory and their base. They will not ask you to join. Known issue: Still you may receive a warning radio message when entering their territory. It would have required to edit all.spawn and/or garbage level.spawn which I didn't want to do. -> As a Freedomer: Freedom will not act as if you were an outsider. They will not ask you to join or treat you like assholes.
- Join/Leave Freedom and Duty at their HQ; Ecologists at Yantar In addition to the faction change possibility at Sidorovich, you can talk to the leaders of Duty and/or Freedom, if you want to join them. Joining conditions are the same as with Sid - but Duty has an oath that you have to swear (taken from the vanilla files). Leaving is also different: You don't have to pay for leaving, but you won't get anything and you'll lose ANY duty/freedom suits, that you carry. Ecologists can be joined additionally at Yantar, after you brought the documents from X16. Joining prices are the same. When you leave, you won't get anything, but you won't lose anything either.
- Military has a special way of dealing with traitors When you join the military and kill another soldier, you will be instantly discharged and count as a hostile loner.
- Weapon won't be hidden at the traders. Necessary when you play a hostile faction. You can shot at the traders, but save before you try to kill barkeep!
- Configurable for different preferences. In the script file there are some options for modders and users with certain preferences: Make all factions available at start? *** Include the zombies as well? *** Let the player join Bandits and Zombies without paying the bounty? *** First time join for free? Point of activating all factions is configurable. - For modders who want to set a different point.*** - Easily integrateable into other mods. The main mod files have unique names and in nearly every folder you will find an "additional_info.txt" file that explains the changes I have made to the common stalker files of that folder. So, merging is fairly easy. Plus: Easy configuration with the existing options. ***
- Localisation in English and German. English and German XML files are present ...
- Localisation can be extended. ... others can be added.
- Misc -> Escape bridge commanders message shortened to "Come up, n' we'll have a chat". -> Garbage Duty Blockpost will be open if you join another faction.
** At first I had a hard time finding the names for the different camps. I hope I got the most important ones. If you think there is some important camp missing send me a message. Please remember to include which faction you played, which faction couldn't be repaired and which camp you mean. *** Read "customization" at the end of the info file.
Read the info file for more info on installation and customization.
Have fun and credit me if you use it in your mods. Thanx!
Download link will follow after activation on filefront.
[REL] Bad Language and Gameplay 1.0 Bad Language and Gameplay, Stalker Downloads, Stalker Singleplayer
I want to be like the Admins
30th March 2008
Congratz Atrocious and well done! :beer: Really looking forward to trying this out and the Bad Language.
Thanx man! Bad language is an uber-cheat mod, so I don't recommend it for actual playing.
15th April 2008
Expression : xml_result Function : CXML_IdToIndex::InitInternal File : e:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrgame\xml_str_id_loader.h Line : 162 Description : error while parsing XML file Arguments : string_table_fc.xml this is what appears when it crashes, i hope you can help :confused:
Hm, that is one of my files. When exactly does it happen and which language version do you play?
"Faction Change And Reset 1.01" for "Oblivion Lost 1.3.3" For those of you who want to play my mod with OL, I made this add-on. Please follow the installation instructions in the info.txt closely, so there shouldn't be any more problems.
Download: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
"Faction Change And Reset 1.01" for "Oblivion Lost 1.3.3" #2 I've found some error in the info file, here is the corrected version: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
15th April 2008
well, i'll download the addon version but it happened to me, when i launched the game, the screen turned black ( like when the game starts) but then i return to desktop and bugtrap reports an error. i use the english version :) so should i fix the file? or just download the addon version? grtz