FatRaps FPS Fun Pack LEAN AND MEAN for the 1.0004 Patch Vers. 2 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

OK everyone! Just about have another mod finished..... a couple more tweaks and some testing and it will be done! Anyhow..... life in the Zone has taken a turn for the worse. Gone are the days of fully stocked shelves at your local trader. Everyone is feeling the pinch... the bodies you search are almost dead broke. The rewards and stashes are barely enough to get you by. Ammo and health supplies are hard to come by. You may have to set your favorite weapons aside while you build up ammo reserves for them. Food is almost non-existant...... you have to hunt down mutants for your food! Sound interesting?? Stay tuned.......

noobaby

"BORN OF SIN"

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

sounds interesting pity I am going back to uni in a couple of weeks and won't have room in dorms for my rig. Perhaps re-think the name how about "Fatraps FPS No-Fun Pack" anyhoo, glad to see another mod from you. Keep up the good work.

Arabian Knight

Lebanese Stalker

50 XP

17th August 2007

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

"No fun" and "Fatrap" do not belong in the same sentence! How dare you! ;) Anyway, sounds great, Fatrap! I'll be sure to, as you say, "stay tuned"!

noobaby

"BORN OF SIN"

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

have you thought about having a few "richer" stalkers i.e. bes, wolf and the freedom guy. so you can chose between killing them for food or doing their missons. I try not to kill NPCs but if it were economically sound it might add something extra. P.S. mean't to ask this before are you keeping the snork sweeper (I add it to every mod I play)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

Well everyone, I actually posted it last night. I didn't test it as thoroughly as I did the previous versions, but I think everything is OK. I've run it up to the Agroprom level this morning and everything checked out. Now please remember to read the read-me file for all the changes. The only thing I didn't mention was that I made the "reach" of the knife a little longer so it is now a more effective weapon. During the first part of the game, the supplies will be a little more generous than later. Stockpile the food and mutant parts. There is probably just enough mutant parts to do all the "Bring the mutant part" tasks ONCE per task-giver, so be careful here! Also, I included new textures for the mutants and some of the NPC's to freshen things up a bit. If you don't like them or if they bog your computer down you can delete the ACT folder in the TEXTURES folder to get rid of them. (Don't delete the TEXTURES folder ... just the ACT folder) . I didn't make the mutants or enemy NPC's tougher in this version..... but that will probably be changed in the future! Also, I kept all the weapons and armor intact that were in the previous versions. Enjoy!

FatRaps FPS Fun Pack LEAN AND MEAN for the 10004 Patch.rar

TheWhiteDove

Hello, hello...

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

187 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Hi Fatrap..

Already d/l this mod : now i have a reason to switch to 1.004.. :)

Just 2 things (after a quick look in the arvchive) : - you may need to add the alpha channel to act_krosovos_new1.dds, so bloodsuckers are invisible again.. - the mp5 texture was done by siro from his siros_wpn_texture pack (crc match in archive)

Good modding, Stalker.. -- TWD

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

@The White Dove... looking back at the credits for the mp5 texture makes me think you are correct. FacTor-X and Mattressi were mentioned in the read-me file that came with that texture.... just not the author. The read-me "sounds" like Siro to me (the way he verbalizes things)... so I guess I had better go over to the Zoners and Loners Bar at GSC and buy him a double vodka! As far as the alpha channel for the bloodsucker... whew! You are out of my league here! I don't know an alpha channel from a beta channel from a tv channel!!! I do remember Hectrol getting several comments about the "invisibility" of the bloodsuckers in his textures. Seems like the majority of the people that commented on it preferred it to the original so I left it in the mod. I appreciate you telling me about Siro and I hope you enjoy the mod. Let me know how it works out!