FatRaps FPS No Fun Pack DOWN AND DIRTY for the 1.0004 Patch -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

FatRaps FPS No-Fun Pack DOWN AND DIRTY for the 1.0004 Patch

OK everyone.... I have been promising a FPS Mod for the hardcore bunch. The original is for the less-experienced gamers... the LEAN AND MEAN is for the mid-level gamers... and the DOWN AND DIRTY will be for the folks that like it really rough. So.... what I need is some info from you. Since this mod is made for you folks, it only makes sense that I put stuff in it that you want! I really need your ideas and I may need some editing advice from the true master modders out there! So.... I'm standing by... ears and eyes wide open!!

EDIT: Special thanks to noobaby for the idea for the name of this mod! dot_text.gif

noobaby

"BORN OF SIN"

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

woop woop, he he thats me. I want the dogs to be faster than you and to be able to detect you better, they just aren't a real threat, even on master. Enemies with better weapons from the start but drop at reaaaallly bad condition to make them unusable (wait, it's not a realism mod so they don't even have to drop) More enemy snipers in places you would never expect i.e. a couple using totalled SVU's in the garbage and agro. Military with heavy weapons in the agro. OR.. if being able to gain the good weapons early will unbalance the difficulty aspect, put the baddies in places you can't reach i.e. the roof of the little gatehouse at the end of cordon.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

Hey everyone! I got a lot of good ideas for this mod over at the Mod Discussion forum at GSC. Siro had a very long list of ideas! To get an idea about it, go over there and check it out. Anyhow, it is a real bear. The mod is ready for testing (everything is done except for making anomalies invisible). I just need to make sure it is bug-proofed and that the gameplay is balanced. Anyhow, if someone wants to evaluate this mod, shoot me an email and I'll send you a private download link. I don't want to publicly post it yet until I'm sure it is what the hardcore crowd wants! Enjoy! [email]fatrap@cox.net[/email]

noobaby

"BORN OF SIN"

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

O.K. invisible anomalies eh.. easy peasy. Gamedata\config\misc\zone_(whatever).LTX is the anomamly file, now look for the first line that say's idle_particles and remove it with the old comma. job done. I would be happy to test but I got to get forms filled out for getting into uni (for the third time) term started yesterday. LOL

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 11 years ago

Thanks noobaby! The mod is in testing now... the first attempt wasn't balanced enough... trading was off and stealth was too much... re-wrote a few other minor things also... Anyhow, the 2nd attempt is in testing now. I played it thru the Dark Valley level this morning and it played really well. It is still a little too "stealthy" in my opinion.... but folks want stealth so whadda ya do??? Couple of days and it should be ready... will try to have it posted in time for the weekend!

10ar

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th May 2007

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Your mod is overall good. I'm doing some changes of your mod for my own use (realistic weapons/ammo and armors). If you want to make it harder you should remove the 4 super-weapons and 2 super-armors of yours. Since everything is degradable adding of the repair option to traders is really a necessity.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

Hey 10ar! Armor and weapon repair has been built into this mod and the custom weapons and armors have been stepped down to the same settings as their original counterparts with the exception of the weight capacities. The character weight capacity has been stepped down to 40 kilos / 45 max. and the additional carrying capacity of the custom armors has been stepped down to 120 kilos for the Grunt and 60 kilos for the Zoner. (Hopefully people will use this to transport stuff AFTER a battle and not carry a bunch of stuff into it... ) You need to pick up almost everything you can to earn rubles.... the trading scales are tight.... buying prices are low and selling prices are high. Weapons you pick up are mostly trash. Rewards and treasures are pretty skimpy. Mutants and enemies are stronger... your character is weaker. Much higher chance of being hit by enemy gunfire. You get the drift.... this one is a little different!

10ar

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th May 2007

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

Sounds nice, but the weapons are impossible, c'mon man - 5,45x39mm and 5,56x45mm not in the wildest dreams can be fired from the same barrel, same goes for 9x18mm and 9x19mm and VOG and M209 grenades!

10ar

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th May 2007

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

And the Fatrap Snork Sweeper, wow! Now that's nice! Maybe you refer to AA-12? Well this one is much heavier and bulky and certainly doesn't fit into the pistol slot?!? There was one colossal mod with MP5 firing .45 rounds, this is very useful and realistic, especially since the game lacks automatic weapon in .45 ACP caliber, not much use of collecting or buying those rounds just for 7-8 rounds pistols. Anyway, I appreciate your work, greetings and god hunting stalker!

10ar

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th May 2007

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

And the Fatrap Snork Sweeper, wow! Now that's nice! Maybe you refer to AA-12? Well this one is much heavier and bulky and certainly doesn't fit into the pistol slot?!? There was one colossal mod with MP5 firing .45 rounds, this is very useful and realistic, especially since the game lacks automatic weapon in .45 ACP caliber, not much use of collecting or buying those rounds just for pistols with 7-8 rounds clips. Anyway, I appreciate your work, greetings and good hunting stalker!