I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd February 2010

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#1 8 years ago

Hello Stalkers

I installed the F1 Supergrenades mod (v1.6) and edited the fn2000 weapon config to allow to change the type of ammo of its built in grenade launcher to get all those great customized grenades to fire by the gun.

So far so good - the game loads without problem and I can fire all grenade types with my fn2000, but when saving after several grenade shots, the savegame won't load anymore and crashes (get this annoying Access Violation error, with changing detail error log).

As long as I don't use them, or only fire one or two, I can save and load without problem.

But when I allow only ONE of the grenade types to be fired by the gun (as in the original), it works without any problems with any of the modded grenade type.

This is especially strange because there exist grenade launchers in the game that support more than one grenade type (e.g vog-25 and vog-25p), so this behavior should be available for the fn2000 as well, right?

Any ideas what the problem is here? Thanks!

SacriPan

Long live ze STALKER Devs

50 XP

16th September 2009

0 Uploads

103 Posts

0 Threads

#2 8 years ago

Hi,

Can you upload or copy the content of the "w_fn2000.ltx" file, and also the last line of your crash log, that would certainly help.

If i understand well, you're goal is to have the FN F2000 to fire different types of grenades, like vog-25, vog-25p, m209, right?

Meltac

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd February 2010

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago

Hello SacriPan

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my goal is to have the FN F2000 to fire different types of grenades, like vog-25, vog-25p, m209, but in my case, not the originals but modified versions of the grenades (from the Super F1 grenades mod).

I attached my mod "w_fn2000.ltx" file, as you see, I put the three types of grenades in it (already disabled some previous trials):

grenade_class = ammo_vog-25p, ammo_m209, ammo_vog-25

This works perfectly, I can change ammo and fire all of them, but reloading the game after having saved ends in a crash.

Edit 1 - attached the complete crash log.

Info:

- I'm running on 64-bit Vista system - Game is 1.0005 - The crash always appears when game loading in the last state "You are entering the zone" - I'm running Priboi Story (latest version with all patches).

Any help would be appreciated. Thx, Meltac

SacriPan

50 XP

16th September 2009

0 Uploads

103 Posts

0 Threads

#4 8 years ago

Okay, i've got an answer for you.

First i tried your way (priboi story + Super F1 grenade mod), it crashed. Then, i tried my mod (simple weapon mod with phosphorus grenade), it worked (of course it did).

So i decided to add to the fn2000 all grenade available, m209 stock and phosphorus + vog-25 and phosphorus), which make the count to 5 grenade types. --> it crashed.

I did several test, even with a stock priboi version. The groza and the ak103 accept 4 types of grenades but it crashed too (even without the super f1 grenade mod).

During my test, i tryed groza, fn2000, rg-6 and sig-550.

It's seem that the rg-6 accepts at least 5 types of grenade (didn't try but i guess it can accept 1 more) All other rifles accept only 3 grenade types MAXIMUM!

That is just a guess but it's based on several tests with vanilla and priboi so i think i'm right.

I think i answered your question, and i think the problem will remain because it may be hard-coded.

Try the same thing but with 3 types of grenades only (vog25, vog25p and vog25teg for example, it will work). There's no way around this, you just have to deal with it.

Do some testing and tell me what you think ot that, okay?

:cya:

Meltac

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd February 2010

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for all your testing and elaborated answer, SacriPan!

Meanwhile, I have done some testing myself (only with fn2000), and I came to *almost* the same results.

However, in my case it turned out that the fn2000 accepts a maximum of TWO different grenade types, not three (maybe you meant that by "All other rifles accept only 3 grenade types MAXIMUM").

Well, that's a strange behavior (especially since you actually CAN use more than two grenade types, but CAN'T save and reload the game when doing so). But I think I can live with that ;)

However there is one more thing I am curious about: When switching the used typed of grenade ammo during game, the game's behavior is as follows:

1. The reloading animation shows, supposing that the holder actually loads a grenade of the new type, thus replacing the old one having been loaded. 2. The displayed ammo type changes (e.g. from vog-25p to m-209). 3. BUT: When firing the grenade, you will still get the old type, not the one you've switched to. 4. When firing a second time (without changing ammo type again), you will get the correct grenade type being fired.

Ok, now you can argument that a loaded grenade could not simply be replaced by another one, so the ammo display only shows that the other type will be used next after firing the currently loaded one. But then, why the reloading animation?

But it even gets worse: It seems after a ammo change the gun still fires the old type of grenade, while decreasing the ammo stock of the new type!

So, you will have no chance to fire a grenade you're having only one of it in stock, unless it's the first type being used by the gun, because it will be decreased to zero without actually firing it when you change the ammo type.

And THIS, I think, probably is a bug (unless one can alter this behavior somehow).

What do you think? Did you experience the same effect? Thanks again

SacriPan

50 XP

16th September 2009

0 Uploads

103 Posts

0 Threads

#6 8 years ago

I'm glad you came to the same conclusion.

For the FN2000, i did manage to fire 3 types of grenades and it went fine.

Regarding your new concern, yes, i've got the same bug. It's seems even worse with the RG-6, because after emptying it via the inventory, i can still fire about 6 times with it!!!

I guess it's because something's hard-coded, as GSC didn't have the time to build the game as they wanted, some features are hard-coded and get a little buggy when they get modded.:mad:

Meltac

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd February 2010

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#7 8 years ago

Well, I guess that's the way it is. And I don't think that's much better in CS or CoP (witch rarely could be considered "bugfree")...

I still have no idea why only 2 grenade types work for my fn2000; maybe the modded versions I tried pose some problems in combination (tried to handle vog25p shock, vog25 acid, and m209 radiation).

But at least I'm happy that I'm able to fire two types. So let's mod what is possible and be satisfied with that :)

Thanks, SacriPan for all your help!