help! no geiger sound , OL2.2 1.005 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

is there a script file that says what sound to use for geiger/ detector? maybe i screwed it up somehow.

(I personally mixed mods but lack of geiger / anomaly detect is only bug )

----------------------------------------------- explanation:

i wanted to get rid of the anomaly detector sound, high pitched beepbeep was annoying and i think its badass to need to rely on bolts.

so i deleted geiger_8.ogg , and copied & renamed geiger_6.ogg to 8. (6 is a silent file i guess) but i now know 8 is geiger not detector (thought it was because had similar BEEP noise)

...so i reinstalled 8 from OL 2.2 mod .rar so, sound file wise, its back to normal... but doesnt work. ----------------------------------------------

i have "simple anomaly detector" item on my guy, but i get no geiger counter, and no detector beep.

my goal is to keep detector noise OFF , but have geiger counter ON

HELP! please!

Atrocious

Oblivion Lost supplier

50 XP

25th March 2008

0 Uploads

1,448 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Sorry, I don't have the names of the sounds in my head, but you could simply start the sounds in winamp (or similar player) to see which sound is which. Then you can delete the silent sound or rename it to the name of the detector (after you've deleted that). Files that are no longer present in the gamedata folder will be loaded by the game from the original gamedata. So to make a sound quiet, you'll have to have a silent replacement in the folder.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

thanks for the reply,

but my problem is that i replaced the geiger sound once, (its now back to mod's normal)

but i dont have geiger noise at all in game... its messed up... i even deleted it all so it would use defaults.... but nothing works, its just silent, i test it by jumping carelessly upon the garbage heaps... but no clicking ever.

so either its in a script messed up, (dunno which) or have to make new game??. .... for a sound file?? wtf..

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 10 years ago

I did reply for you in the ol-de forum already.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 10 years ago

thanks.... i forgot i posted there:)

HAHAHAHa i feel like an idiot... i need to have the detector on my belt, i only had it on my inventory...

i found out by comparing files, and it says something about rucksack= false belt = true LOL