kormath

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

13th November 2007

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Has anyone been able to successfully mod the game after patch 1.0005? I've uninstalled the game, deleted leftover folders, reinstalled and repatched to 1.0005. Then extracted the gamedata folder, went to the actor file to change the ammount i could carry, opened the weapons.ltx file to adjust prices and a couple other things, changed the trader_trade.ltx to have those items i just adjusted available at the first of the game. and the game crashes on startup. I thought maybe it was from editing the actual game files instead of making my own moded weapons and ammo and suit in the unique_items file. RIght now the game is installing again, i'll test that when it finishes in a few minutes. I was hoping 1.0005 would fix the bug with the bartender not moving or being sociable :mad: At this point, the game is unplayable, i can't even get to the new game screen with the new patch, and i can't get anywhere past the 100 Rads bar with 1.0004 with or without mods. Any ideas?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 11 years ago

Actually I'm having the same issue with patch 1.0004.

I extracted the db files, changed the fsgame.ltx and made a new weapon entry in the unique_items.ltx and string_table_enc_weapons.xml files as described in any tutorial. After making a gamedata folder in the main game folder with the same structure as the extracted database files, the game wouldn't launch anymore.

Marco M.

Another scar on my skin.

50 XP

26th October 2007

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

If you want post your changes here, so we can see if there are mistakes. The process of modding weapons (specially if you want create a new weapon) is not exactly easy and fast... I understood it on my skin...;)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

Don't no... maybe you have some misstakes! i made a new weapon for stalker 1.0005 this morning and i had no problems...

rspeed

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

11th May 2007

0 Uploads

218 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

you dont need to edit string_table_enc_weapons, you can mod your gun and test it, if all fine, then you can put whatever you want there. the reason for barman not moving is probably because you have ;NO TRADE in supplies section, you cant use ;NO TRADE in supplies, only in buy and sell sections. i didnt test 1.0005 yet, so i dunno if its better, it should be, ill test it tomorrow.