Please help -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

Hello. I am trying to install the ABC mods for STALKER. I have edited the text file, and created the gamedata folder while moving all of the gamedata 0-9 and .ddb and .dd into that. Then I use Winrar to extract. For some reason it is not working in-game. Could someone please tell me the problem? I am running Vista. I tried this first on 1.5. So then I reinstalled for 1.0, and still no luck.

any help would be appreciated :D

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 10 years ago

first, do you mean you edited the fxgame ltx? 2nd, you do not have to make a gamedata folder, the mod comes with it's own. 3rd, leave all the gamedata.db files alone. You do not need to touch them. 4th, I believe the ABC mod is for patch 1.0004, but should work on 1.0005 also. Finally, if you have edited the fxgame.ltx, all you need to do is extract the gamedata file (from the Mod!!) into your Stalker folder.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

Ok, it still does not work. I downloaded it from direct2drive. Now, because all these gamedata folders are just sitting there in the main directory and labeled 0-9 and there are two other one's., maybe that's the issue? I noticed the mod had textures, sounds, thing like I see on CSS. So, maybe this is an issue?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 10 years ago

I suggest that you uninstall the game, delete the whole Stalker folder. Make sure you have the mod zip file somewhere safe. Then reinstall the game, patch to 1.0004, edit the fxgame file, and then extract the gamedata folder, FROM THE MOD, into the Stalker file. It should work fine.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,251 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,114 Posts

1,329 Threads

#5 10 years ago

You don't need to extract anything from the db files. Just leave them alone and in the main stalker directory.

create a gamedata folder in the main directory and extract the contents of the ABC mod archive into that, and then remember to edit your fsgame.ltx file as needed.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 10 years ago

Still nothing. Would screenshots help?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 10 years ago
GenGuderian;4156251Still nothing. Would screenshots help?

I dont think abc inferno works with anything other than stalker patch 1.004

1-delete gamedata folder and empty recycle bin 2- uninstall stalker 3-delete stalker folder and empty recycle bin 4- reinstall stalker and install patches to 1.004 5-unzip inferno to the stalker directory, it should create a gamedata folder for you. 6- open fsgame.ltx and in first line of true false code, make sure both are true. here is my entire fsgame.ltx:

$app_data_root$=true|false|C:\|Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\STALKER-SHOC\ $game_data$ =true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\ $game_ai$ = true| false| $game_data$| ai\ $game_spawn$ = true| false| $game_data$| spawns\ $game_anims$ = true| true| $game_data$| anims\ $game_levels$ = true| false| $game_data$| levels\ $game_meshes$ = true| true| $game_data$| meshes\ $game_dm$ = true| true| $game_data$| meshes\ $game_shaders$ = true| true| $game_data$| shaders\ $game_sounds$ = true| true| $game_data$| sounds\ $game_textures$ = true| true| $game_data$| textures\ $game_scripts$ = true| false| $game_data$| scripts\ $game_config$ = true| false| $game_data$| config\ $level$ = false| false| $game_levels$ $game_saves$ = true| false| $app_data_root$| savedgames\ $logs$ = true| false| $app_data_root$| logs\ $screenshots$ = true| false| $app_data_root$| screenshots\

I use Smart Mod Manager to turn ABC on and off, My ABC mod is called abc_inferno_fixed and it works perfectly. If you mod any files you should make backups of your changes because SMM will erase them everytime it activates the mod.

If it still doesnt work then you have some problem with the stalker install, which could indicate a problem with your computer.

Good luck.