bluebloodsm07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th May 2007

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

This is what i get when i try adding ANY mod,skin, or other file to my game. WinZip tells me "Error...Access Denied,problem encountered". If someone can read this and figure this out, and please tell me where the STALKER DIRECTORY is so i can add these in. Below is the text i get for ALL my files:

Extracting to "C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\" Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no Error: Access is denied. Cannot create C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\Readmeh.txt

Interrupted

DigitalJunkie

Remember The Name

50 XP

15th April 2007

0 Uploads

132 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Are you sure its in the right folder? Like weapons go in C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\Gamedata\Weapons. It also sounds like you winzip is MAKING a folder instead of putting a file in it.

natasha8384

:)

50 XP

14th May 2007

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Like DigitalJunkie said, it seems you either don't have a "gamedata" folder or you are trying to install it "above" the gamedata folder. Look at the screenshot how your directory structure should approximately look like (not all subfolders need to be there) gamedatapicbk4.th.jpg

NRSabbath

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th May 2004

0 Uploads

132 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

gamedata folder should be created automatically though on the unzip...it did for mine...lame question but are you trying to unZIP a RAR file?

And if all else fails unzip the files to a temp folder somewhere on your desktop and just manually put the files into your stalker/gamedata folder(s)