FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

Just wondering how difficult it would be to add the m134 Wulkano (Mini-Gun) from OL 2.2 to my copy of Priboi?

I know it's not as simple as just adding the .ltx's and updating a couple of files but, can it be done with reletive ease?

dezodor

level designer @ dezowave

50 XP

18th April 2007

0 Uploads

293 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

actually its easy :)

you just need to locate the: - weapon models (wpn + hud ogf) - weapon config file (ltx) - textures - sounds (if there is) - its icon, which is placed on ui_icon_equipments.dds

you copy these to priboi... the wpn folder to the meshes\weapons\ and the wpn config file to config\weapons and also check config file, maybe it uses new partile effect for the gun, if so, it might conflict with priboi's particles.xr, so you should change the particles in that ltx (just use some from other wpns ltx)

and add the wpn to the trader's stock and sell list

copy the little icon of this beast from the ol's ui_icon_equipment.dds and paste it to priboi's ui_icon_equipment, then set coordinate for it in the wpn ltx and its done.

if you dont want to sh*t with dds files, just use some existing icon for it, which you will recognise, and done.

dezowave group

FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

Dezodor, thanks for the great description! :bows: You always give great help.

I will try in when I get back in town.

FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

Working on this now. Most of it makes sense but the UI icon part I am having trouble with.

For now I just want to use a common icon but cannot find where it is referenced in the wulkano.ltx. Or is it even in that file? Another file perhaps.

Going back to read more wikis posts.

FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#5 9 years ago

Ok, figured out the icon deal with grids etc. Now the only thing Barman has is ammo. I will keep working on it this weekend, but back to OL for now. Thanks.