mth281

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

16th June 2008

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

I'm having serious issues trying to keep stalker from crashing my pc. It crashes way too often for me, and I have the very latest whql drivers that I could find, 175.16. Does anyone have any suggestions on driver for this game?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 10 years ago

I had that same problem with my 7900GT, it would always crash on games and such with the newest drivers. Try 2nd or 3rd newest driver as compared to the most recent; you will probably find them to work better.

sidenote, I get my 9800GTX black edition today!

Amraam

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

30th April 2008

0 Uploads

749 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

169.21 seem to be stable for me :)

mth281

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

16th June 2008

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

I fixed the blue screen issue. Here's what I did. It was BSOD'ing whenever I would try to go into a new area. I realized that the only thing in common was the saving, so I had to fix the save. :eek: 1. SLI MUST BE DISABLED 2. I made a quicksave right before I went to the next area 3. I exited out without going to the next area 4. I went to the savegames folder and deleted the autosave 5. Went back into STALKER and loaded up from the quicksave 6. Went to the next place which created a new autosave It turned out that the autosave was the problem all along. Don't know how, but hey, it worked for me and I haven't had a blue screen for over 7 hours of playing. nv4_disp.dll turned out not to have anything to do with the BSOD