Spoo4u

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

10th April 2009

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Hi all :cya:. So I have the digital download version of SoC and can play without problems on vanilla unpatched. However, when I installed Complete 2009 the game crashes to desktop on a new game start (with the game unpatched). I patched the game to 1.005 and tried again with the same result. Here is the bugtrap log: XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "E:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00587CB5, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s) Under "stack trace" it says that xrCore.dll and xrGame.dll are being affected. I find this really odd because I was playing Oblivion Lost some time ago and up to a point this crash to desktop problem began and now I can't play any mods at all. I have re-installed and tried using both patches (original digital download and patch 1.005) with the mods. I've searched high and low in a variety of forums with no gain and I am posting as a result. I am at a loss and would love to play this mod as it seems pretty cool. Thanks for the help! *I should add that I have vista 64 bit.

FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

at the end of the xray log, see if you have a fatal error as it will help with finding a solution. It would look something like this:

FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : fatal error [error]Function : CInifile::r_string [error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp [error]Line : 352 [error]Description : [error]Arguments : Can't find variable ammo_mag_size in [wpn_addon_grenade_launcher]

Spoo4u

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

10th April 2009

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Where is the xray log? Is it the information given in the bugtrap window? If it is, I do not see anything about fatal errors.

FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Mine is in: [COLOR="Blue"]C:\Users\Public\Documents\stalker-shoc\logs[/COLOR]. Yours may be in one of the Documents folder which has your computers name on it. Like: C:\Users\Fearless\Documents\stalker-shoc\logs

Spoo4u

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

10th April 2009

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

I found it! FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : fatal error [error]Function : CInifile::r_section [error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp [error]Line : 342 [error]Description : [error]Arguments : Can't open section 'ammo_5.7x28_ss190' Thank you in advance for the help.

FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

I am pretty sure that ammo type is not used in that mod. Did you merge another mod or weapons mod in with the Stalker Complete 2009? If so search the Unique_Items.ltx for it. You may need to remove or change the weapons ammo type in the weapon's ltx file. I will check back tonight.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

I've been having much the same problem - I found if you installed stalker first (without stalker complete), then saved a game, installed stalker complete and then ran it, it worked for quite a while. However, it was only a temporary fix. About 8 or 9 saves later, it started crashing again. Sorry for the semi-hijack, but since this thread is on the same issue, and current... This fatal error means absolutely nothing to me, but if someone can work out the issue from it I would be very grateful indeed.

FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : fatal error [error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error [error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp [error]Line : 73 [error]Description : [error]Arguments : LUA error: ... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\auto_injection.script:230: attempt to compare number with nil

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, Onions.

Edit: I found that saves in stalker complete were fine up until I tried to join a faction - after that every save would CTD.

Spoo4u

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

10th April 2009

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

I fixed it. I deleted the gamedata folder and reinstalled Stalker Complete 2009 (latest 1.4 version). I think I had too much mod crap installed...

FEARLESS

Stalker Talker

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

366 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

Great to hear! Done that myself a few times.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 10 years ago

PLEASE HELP. I have this exact same problem. thanks to you guys i was able to pinpoint the problem using fatal error techique and this is what it looks like: FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : data [error]Function : CVirtualFileReader::CVirtualFileReader [error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\FS.cpp [error]Line : 462 [error]Description : c:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_02\freedom\music\guitar_2.ogg [error]Arguments : Not enough storage is available to process this command. Now what does not enough storage mean? i have 24G free on my hard drive so is it referring to RaM? i dont know much about this stuff so any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks