hi, I just got stalker today and I'm trying now over 5 hours to play it :crash: list of things that go wrong:
1) when the game is installed, I can play but as soon as I instal a patch (1.004) i can't :( avg (anti virus) sais that XR_3DA.exe is a virus and if I ignore this, i get errors because XR_3DA.exe is in bin/dedicted and hasn't acces to some dll-files ... and if I put XR_3DA.exe in the bin map it starts but even before I get the logo of THQ it quits...
2) if i re-instal the game and play it without any patch i have to put every option to low and even then i don't believe I have over 10 fps :uhoh: specs:
intel core 2 duo 6600 (2.4 GHz) with last drivers 1 gb ram Nvidea geforce 8800 gts (640 mb) win xp 32 bit
that should be enough to play it, wright ? :confused: only the ram memory is low but the minimum requirements is 512 mb ...
anybody ?? plz?
You don't need anti-virus software to play Stalker : stop it. I currently stop Avast protection to play..
If you're easy to switch to paranoid mode, then unplug the net cable.. :D
Anyway, make sure your computer is running the last (best?) drivers : graphics, processor and motherboard.
Hope this helps, Stalker..
Edit : I do hope you're running an up-to-date WinXP, with Service Pack installed and monthly updates... -- TWD
i have all the last drivers and xp updates :) still it won't work :( anybody ?
- Is your computer overclocked ?.. if yes, set all to default..
- Did you tweak the page file size ?.. if yes, then try first on auto (windows take care of it). You may want to set it to 2Gb manually later..
- Stalker needs 2gb ram to run correctly : try to get 1gb from a friend just for testing..
- Try other nvidia unified drivers (and certified ones..) [though I'm not responsible if windows is screwed up and you have to re-install it..]
- Start stalker only after a reboot : sometimes it helps..
- Again : stop all services you don't need : anti-virus, auto-update (windows, java, ani-dvd, other softs..)
Well.. That's all for now..:nodding: Sleep time.. ZZzz.. Have fun.. Zzz.. Ztalker... :sleep: -- TWD
12th February 2006
Make sure you change you dynamic lighting option to static. that's a major drain on all your systems. i can play low settings with that on full dynamic and it lags just as much as it does on high settings and full dynamic so...
Well.. Here I have a X2 3800+, 7800GT, 2Gb ram, asus a8n-sli premium and sata2 drives, bios is on 'auto standard'. Full dynamic, all max but no anti-aliasing, view distance at 50%, no grass shadows : Stalker runs great in 1024x768 (30+ fps), less in 1280x1024 (16 to 25 fps) It's not an up-to-date computer now but I take care of it.. :D
Anyway, if Far-Cry or Doom3 runs smoothly on a comp, Stalker will..
The Internet ends at GF
12th July 2005
Well, so far as it goes, my current rig is an AMD 64 X2 4200, with two gigs of ram, and a GeForce8800 GTS OC (550mhz instead of the standard 500 for the GTS) 640mb. And since the 1.0004 patch it's been smooth everyplace. This is with everything set to max except anti-aliasing.
The obvious things remain, set it to static lighting, this moves it from DX9 to DX8 rendering, and disable the anti-virus, they tend to muck up games across the board.
"BORN OF SIN"
6th August 2007
I think it might be a problem with your graphics card combined with the 32bit windows it's too good. I think it's kinda funny I aint had any problem's with the game, 3.2Ghz dual core pent, 3 Ghz Ram (don't ask) Nvidia Geforce 6200 Turbocache (Ha HA ha HA HA HA!!!) the trick I used was using half my new second hard drive as page file space yes 100Gigs of page file, my game hasn't glitched since. if you've got a spare 100 gigs of room it should improve performance slightly
noobaby;3920456I think it might be a problem with your graphics card combined with the 32bit windows it's too good.
what do you mean? that I should switch to vista ? or the 64 bit version of xp ?
12th February 2006
too much effort just for a game. And chances are it wont work. My Bro is on Vista and it still lags to hell, he also has a better rig than mine. you can try float32 for your stock STALKER ver. or just change the lighting. as much as i didn't want to, i changed to static and not a hint of lag anywhere i go...