SPY

SP-MAPPING!

50 XP

21st April 2003

0 Uploads

391 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

i never had any problem with Stalker, but, i still install every new patch, you never know if it can become even more better. but, after installing patch 1.004 i suddenly have major problems with my auto and manual saves. the old 1.003 saves work, but when i now save all is well, untill i stop gaming and close the game down. when i then at a later time want to go on with my latest saves the map load process stops right at the end, just before the map/level starts. nothing else, other then install Stalker fully again, and then again all patches over it. then it works again with those latest saves, untill i stop playing and start again. i tired to not install patch 1.004, but keep it at 1.003 then i can't use the saves that i made with 1.004. what makes that i need to start the game from the beginning. i get realy sick of this problem, because i have installed everything for 4 times now!!>

what to do, please help, and it doesn't matter if i use the shortvut key (F6 or F7 i believe), or use Esc. and then choose the save option. both saves are not working well.

leon

(have asked on many many forums for this, but no one asnwers.)

TheWhiteDove

Hello, hello...

50 XP

6th August 2007

0 Uploads

187 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Hi..

Maybe you should play with 1.0003 only.. If you're using some mods, beware many of them don't work with 1.0004 patch.

Another thing : do you wait enough time when exiting the game ?.. like 1 minute or so. The game can then free the memory.. Do you have some background softs running ?.. like anti-virus, printing, chat or so.. Try disable them before playing.. Anyway, do a full check of your system, beginning with a scandisk..

.. and I do hope it's a genuine version of Stalker.. If not, then check for trojans or backdoor viruses.. :uhm: (eh.. only thinking :D)