Patched to 1.0001 and it wont -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Installed the 1.0001 patch.

The game won't start. Nothing happens. When I check the processes the xr_3da.exe is still there.:bawl:

Its a legitimate copy of stalker too.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,312 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,117 Posts

1,329 Threads

#2 11 years ago

What are your full specs? Driver Versions? Etc?

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

AdmiralHocking

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Also, did you patch with mods installed?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

Athlon64 X2 3800+ 2Ghz 3GB Ram Radeon X1800 XP (Currently running 7-4 drivers)

The Game worked before without a patch (had the same problem). however I had to apply the hatred patch if you know what I mean.:naughty: and it worked fine

I reinstalled, updated to 1.0001. Nothing Happens (xr_3da.exe hangs in processes). Install a new hatred patch gives the following error: ""The procedure entry point ?_intialize@xrDebug@@QAEXAB_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic library xrCore.dll"

I have no mods installed. Checked the log but there is only the old info from previous startups of 1.0

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 11 years ago

Here's the log

* Detected CPU: AuthenticAMD , F15/M3/S2, 1999.00 mhz, 7-clk 'rdtsc' * CPU Features: RDTSC, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2

Initializing File System... FS: 29088 files cached, 3498Kb memory used. Init FileSystem 1.011165 sec 'xrCore' build 2947, Feb 27 2007

Initializing Engine... Executing config-script "user.ltx"... [c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\stalker-shoc\user.ltx] successfully loaded. Starting INPUT device... Loading DLL: xrRender_R2.dll Loading DLL: xrGame.dll * [win32]: free[2030332 K], reserved[18260 K], committed[48496 K] * [ D3D ]: textures[0 K] * [x-ray]: crt heap[5256 K], process heap[302 K], game lua[0 K], engine lua[0 K], render[0 K] * [x-ray]: economy: strings[985 K], smem[0 K] Executing config-script "gamedata\config\default_controls.ltx"... [gamedata\config\default_controls.ltx] successfully loaded. Executing config-script "user.ltx"... Executing config-script "gamedata\config\rspec_high.ltx"... [COLOR="#ff0000"]! Unknown command: r__wallmark_ttl ! Unknown command: rs_skeleton_update[/COLOR] [gamedata\config\rspec_high.ltx] successfully loaded. Executing config-script "gamedata\config\default_controls.ltx"... [gamedata\config\default_controls.ltx] successfully loaded. [c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\stalker-shoc\user.ltx] successfully loaded. SOUND: OpenAL: enumerate devices... SOUND: OpenAL: EnumerationExtension Present devices Generic Hardware SOUND: OpenAL: system default SndDevice name is Generic Hardware SOUND: OpenAL: default SndDevice name set to Generic Software SOUND: OpenAL: actualDeviceName for [Generic Hardware] is [Generic Hardware] SOUND: OpenAL: actualDeviceName for [Generic Software] is [Generic Software] SOUND: OpenAL: All available devices: 1. Generic Hardware, Spec Version 1.1 2. Generic Software, Spec Version 1.1 SOUND: OpenAL: SelectBestDevice is Generic Software 1.1 SOUND: OpenAL: Required device: Generic Software. Created device: Generic Software. * sound: EAX 2.0 extension: absent * sound: EAX 2.0 deferred: absent * sound : cache: 65538 kb, 7609 lines, 8820 bpl Starting RENDER device... * GPU [vendor:1002]-[device:7109]: Radeon X1800 Series * GPU driver: 6.14.10.6660 * CREATE: DeviceREF: 1 * Vertex Processor: PURE HARDWARE * Texture memory: 492 M * DDI-level: 9.0 * GPU shading: vs(fffe0300/3.0/30), ps(ffff0300/3.0/30) * GPU vertex cache: unrecognized, 16 * DVB created: 1536K * DIB created: 512K [COLOR="Red"]! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_aref' ! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_aref_v' ! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_trans' ! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_trans_v' ! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_trans_v_tuchi' ! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\lod_old' ! Renderer doesn't support blender 'effects\shadow_world' ! Version conflict in shader 'effects\watertest-1'[/COLOR] * DF24/F4 supported and used [0] - r__tf_aniso 4 - r2_tf_mipbias 0. Starting engine... Loading DLL: xrGameSpy.dll Input: 1 Config-file [c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\stalker-shoc\user.ltx] saved successfully Destroying Direct3D... * RM_Dump: textures : 0 * RM_Dump: rtargets : 0 * RM_Dump: rtargetsc : 0 * RM_Dump: vs : 0 * RM_Dump: ps : 0 * RM_Dump: dcl : 0 * RM_Dump: states : 0 * RM_Dump: tex_list : 0 * RM_Dump: matrices : 0 * RM_Dump: lst_constants: 0 * RM_Dump: v_passes : 0 * RM_Dump: v_elements: 0 * RM_Dump: v_shaders : 0 refCount:pBaseZB 1 refCount:pBaseRT 1 DeviceREF: 1

Could be the radeon drivers. However I doubt it

AdmiralHocking

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago
mad2100;3654745Install a new hatred patch

Whats that? It could be causing the problem...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

well it seems to me that it's the old config scripts conflicting with the update (thats what drops the unknown command). I'm not sure yet but will try and change them a bit. But the biggest problem is the shaders conflicting and I dont know what they are conflicting with. Could either be the drivers (doubt it) or the actual stalker config scripts.

Please reply if there is anything else you think may be wrong. I hate siving through scripts and the developers are useless. I wrote them emails both in english and ukrainian. The lazy sods still wont reply.:mad:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 11 years ago

I see that this is a rather old post but I'm haveing the same problem when I patch my game. It runs fine if I don't patch it, but when I install the patch, the xray engine or bug trap pops up. It seems like it's tryin to access my windows 32 files and it's a access violation so the game crashes. The report also generates a bunch of info. about my computer and it's state at the crash along with some scripts that looked almost exactly like the ones above. I sent an e-mail to THQ but no response, bastards...So wondering if there was ever a resolution to the problem....Would hate to play with the known bugs when it's only a click away from fixing...well a couple clicks. I have a pretty powerful computer so should have no problems runnin this game. It ran great prior to the installation of the patch Hardrive: Wester Digital Raptor 120 gb Graphics: Nvidia 8800 GTX 768 mb CPU:AMD Athlon X2 5200+ Motherboard:Abit Fatality Sound:Sound Blaster x-fi fatality RAM:2 gb Corsair XMS-2 dual channel PC-4500 Case:Well..it's a pretty strongly ventilated case with a rather huge CPU heatsink so overheating and voltage highs are not a factor.

Galactica1974

Just bouncing about!

50 XP

19th October 2006

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

Ah someone else who has the same problem as me! And i'm the same i also have a pretty powerful PC so it should be able to run it with no problems but when you try to start the game you click the link to launch it and nothing happens it just sits there :confused: & contacting THQ well it's a useless venture as no one ever got back to me too! :mad:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 11 years ago

Yeah, THQ and GSC hasn't responded back to me yet so I went and did a little looking around as to what was causing my game not to start up when I patched it up. The Xray engine was doing an Access Violation in a C:\Windows blah blah 32 file that was ultimately a ctdproxy.dll file in the win32 files. I basically just removed that ctdproxy.dll file since it seemed link to my sound card and hoped to god I won't have to format and re-install windows because of this game. It worked! Buttttt...after playing all night last night, I wake up ready to go on in the game...it won't load my saved games nor will it start a new game for me... the game is not the only thing that crashes, my computer goes with it. It was working fine last night...but something got corrupted or messed up or it's just one of the buggiest games to ever graced the shelves. So i'm attempting a re-install at the moment.... anyways, gl w/ urs.