Psyclone

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th December 2006

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

I'm getting shadow corruption ever since I installed this patch. I tried reinstalling this as I had mods running. I'm now using vanilla stalker with the patch and am still experiencing this problem. I can best describe this by showing a picture from another site. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9663 When you go to that link scroll down to where it has the pictures that start with the word TripleHead. If you look around the bottom of the two pics there, you will see the shadows are not correct. These move as you move, in and out of view. I used this FOV hack with versions 1.0000 and 1.0001. Woked fine until you got too crazy with the settings. Which is what looks like now with this patch. I'm running the game in 1680x1050 but even lowering the resolution has no effect. I still see the shadow corruption. I cannot play the game this way as I get freeked out everytime these shadows appear which is pretty constant.

Psyclone

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th December 2006

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

BTW my grpahics card is Nvidia 7900 GT x2 in sli. Using the latest drivers 93.71. My monitor is a Viewsonic 20.1 widescreen VX2025wm.

Aewyn

C'est la vie

50 XP

1st May 2007

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

I use an 8800 GTS 640 with the latest drivers, and I recently noticed that, past a certain distance, maybe 20m from myself, the shadows suddenly are far less detailed and start to flicker a little. Really annoying, but not too bad...

Psyclone

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th December 2006

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Sorry, I left out the fact that this only occurs while running Full Dynamic Shadows. Object and Static correct the problem but I don't like the look of those two especially if my system can run Full. Like with the 1.0000 and 1.0001 versions I could run FDS with no corruption. Like I stated earlier, running the FOV hack if I went to far with the settings I would have the same exact corruption as I do now. FOV hack will not work with the 1.0003 patch so I cannot correct this problem with that.:( @ Aewyn Luckily what you are experiencing is slight. Doesn't sound like what I'm going through though.

Aewyn

C'est la vie

50 XP

1st May 2007

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Hmmm. I just noticed, I had installed a version of the shader fixes and that was what was causing it. With the newest version, I don't get that. -- thefloatingpoint.org: News -- He says there are some bugs, but I haven't encountered anything major yet. The hands are a liiiittle shiny, but with weather overhaul 1.1 it's not that noticeable. :3

Psyclone

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th December 2006

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

I have the same problem with and without Float. I was using Float before and after the 1.0003 patch. When the patch came out I read that Float was being updated. I DL the new version and still have the problem. I also used Faiakes mod which has the Weather Overhaul before and after.

Aewyn

C'est la vie

50 XP

1st May 2007

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Did you have the problem before Faiakes mod?

Psyclone

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th December 2006

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago
Psyclone;3681704I have the same problem with and without Float. I was using Float before and after the 1.0003 patch. When the patch came out I read that Float was being updated. I DL the new version and still have the problem. I also used Faiakes mod which has the Weather Overhaul [COLOR=red]before and after[/COLOR].

Yes.

Psyclone

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th December 2006

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

I seem to have found a temp solution from another site. It's about 98% effective as I can still see the corruption but it's hardly noticeable. I typed this: rs_sun_near_border 1.0 into console with the game running and *poof* no more shadow corruption(as bad as it was anyway). I can at lest play now. :):beer:

Aewyn

C'est la vie

50 XP

1st May 2007

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

When you said before and after, I misread that to assume you meant only the Weather Overhaul. I work long hours. Sorry.