MrBigMr

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

73 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok. Here's the problem. I made the Silver Talon to use .357 ammo. The gun works, the ammo can be picked up and all that, but the weapon doesn't have any visual effect. All the other weapons have all the effects, but the new ammo doesn't cause any bullets holes or splash effect. How can I get the new ammo to work.

Spyder F-16

Amerika ist Wunderbar

50 XP

2nd February 2003

0 Uploads

2,768 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

You have to modify the damage characteristics to that of the .357 Round.

The Silver Talon uses the .45ACP pickups, but the damage characteristics are changed to the .44MAG.

Also, try making a new bullethole effect for the .357 ammo. Technically, just code it so that it uses the effect from the .45

BTW, I bet you watch Mail Call on the History Channel. I know why because of your avitar. I love that show, all the weaponry makes me drool...

MrBigMr

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th September 2002

0 Uploads

73 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Well that's quite obvious, but the 'make' part is the hard thing. I've made this:

ammo { name "357mag" cvar am_357mag smallModel "models/pick_ups/ammo_45_smll.md3" largeModel "models/pick_ups/ammo_45_lrg.md3" difficulty { name "easy" smallPickup 7 largePickup 14 }

encumbranceLevel { number 0 max 140 }

difficulty { name "medium" smallPickup 7 largePickup 14 }

encumbranceLevel { number 1 max 126 }

difficulty { name "hard" smallPickup 7 largePickup 14 }

encumbranceLevel { number 2 max 112 }

difficulty { name "superhard" smallPickup 7 largePickup 14 }

encumbranceLevel { number 3 max 98 } }

But what else. What file(s) cointains the stuff I need to edit. I can take it from there, but to find the right file is a killer.