hey hey, i just made a really cool flinlock pistol (pirate pistol) and i got a few questions,
1: how to i save as a .glm
2: how do i give it a skin
3: how do i give it a muzzel flash
4: how do you make the reaload animation, melee attacks, etc...
and 5: how do you get the final product to work ingame.
oops forgot to attack the pics :)
hey if anyone knows or finds some good old pirate sounding sound effects, tell me please.
Oh god, I hate explaining this, but no worries. Most of your questions are tied together.
1. Nothing is saved as a *.glm in any program(not to my understanding), a *.glm is a format of which files are compiled to. Like your animations.
2. To skin, Its the most godforsaken process known to man, It hates me. You will need to map it ie UVW co-ordinates, but since you are using milkshape, there are some handy dandy tools out there like Lith Unrwap. They have them for max, but they are also evil. :D
3. To my recollection, thats in the inview file. If only stannum was on these forums, my life would be easier. You need glms for an inview to work. Get the plugin to convert to *.xsi for whatever program you are using, you can make an unanimated version to test it out(I think).
4. Bone animation. In max, I make some bones and place them on every moving part of the model, then I use a skin modifier and attach the bones to each seperate part that is going to be animated. I then edit the envelopes to include all the vertices within that one object for each bone. For example you would have a bone for the hammer on the flintlock, and one for the body, Have the hammer seperate from the body.
5. Evil coding, or Evil manipulation of the code. Take your pick. Or, just renaming files to the origional ones as a weapon replacement.
Hope this clarifies anything.
it may take me a while to understand all this but, ill get it eventually, can you keep this forum under emial notifications causse if i need help or something ill just post here.
Already did. Hence my ninja like speedy reply :D
ohhh sneaky sneaky sir, i underestimated your sneakyness
Btw, Compiling is a process when you take a bunch of files, and make em' into a big one, or, many different ones... just different. Im no good at this...
why not have a ninja avatar then???
hey Invisable guy, you got msn, cause i need you to take me through step by step on making the animations? cuase, im not sure which program i should use and I couldnt find out how to make "bones" in milkshape. my email address is ------ [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]