FraG_AU

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th December 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Okay before I get flames, I have refromatted applied SP1 and tried 3 diff drivers.. 2.4 2.3 and 166.

I have even tried to reformat and pply diff drivers first...

These are the issues.. * SOF2 minimiser, if I use it and get back to game 75% of the time the textures are all corrupt.. IF I use windowed mode same shit happens when I swap between proggies.. In other words ATI drivers suck.. ATI hardware is simply awesome but drivers SUCK big ass...

* WOW FSAA is so great and no performance hit.. BS! With the intense battles in SOF2 FSAA and AA really give u a performance hit when you get into some serious action..

And worst thing is you have to use 3rd party proggies to disbale the features... (Ie it tries to force FSAA and AA on all games.)

This goes for all games I try, wow 4FSAA and 8AA is FAST until you do something like actualy play. Who gives a rats arse about 3dmark

And before you say ur cpu is to slow i have P4 @ 2.9Ghz 512Mb RDRAM on ABIT TH7II..

I want my 4600 back, who cares if i couldnt use FSAA or AA it worked rock solid at every game and never had a prob!

I am about to sell this POS ati crap... I bought the first radeon and didnt touch ati since, now i remember y!

HMSS_King_Volcano

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th November 2002

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

you didnt shed out 400$ for nothing i'd hope. The 9700pro is a new born and driver need tweaking , granted. I can assure you that you have the absolute best in hands...Report it to ATI, maybe they'll help you and fix the problem faster

HMSS King Volcano

FraG_AU

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th December 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I know they will get drivers sorted in next few months, but ATI seem to always launch a product premature when drivers are way below the standard of the hardware.

Besides they have unified driver architecture so all radeons would be affected by these drivers in similar ways i'd imagine. Its just very frustrating dishing out a lot of $$ to get the best in hardware and being let down by drivers.

I will be patient, and perhaps wait a cpl weeks otherise I'll sell it and wait for the GF FX.

(I have looked through a heap of forums to find solutions and so far found none.. Though I can recommend using 6193 drivers not 6200.

Spammer1557

Forum Spammer

50 XP

1st November 2003

0 Uploads

164 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

dude, its like that in most ATI cards. ATI cards always have problems in certain games like SOF2, Painkiller and Jedi Academy.

trinity999

::Steve::

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

836 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

well i know some1 who also has this graphics card but he dosnt sem to be having any problems

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I have had an ati9500 pro since it came out ... NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ON ANY GAMES> get the newest omega drivers ...try that and get back to me http://www.driverheaven.net/downloads/index4.htm

GODh

People say I post too much

50 XP

8th February 2001

0 Uploads

1,274 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Are those Omega drivers better than the original Catalysts??

I am using an ATI 9800 Pro (128MB) and i am using Catalyst 4.7... so far the only problem i have (since i bought that card 1 year ago) are the decals (like bulletholes and blood) on (certain?) walls/windows, etc...

Dark Saint

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

GODH ...they are the only non official drivers to actually be supported in writing by ATI.... i use em and my card is as stable as it can be ....cooler than a cucumber... and with radlink and teh ati tool ..i get ocing without hassle.

GODh

People say I post too much

50 XP

8th February 2001

0 Uploads

1,274 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Ok, maybe i gonna try them as well then... but i didnt find any installation-notes. The file is much smaller than the official drivers. Does that mean i have to install them OVER Catalyst 4.7, or must i uninstall 4.7 first?? :confused:

Dark Saint

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

i uninstalled ... and reinstalled those. haven't had an issue..i think the guy that did the work is just plain genius and that is why the smaller file size ..could just be me..LOL