evand

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th August 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

just upgraded my comp to geforce4 mx 440 (asus) with asus cuv266 motherboard with 128 ddr ram. nothing to brag about i know, just giving details. anyway, sof2 runs pretty smooth on my computer in 1024 by 768 or whatever right, but then after playng for about 10 min or even less sometimes, the graphics get messed up, i mean everthing leaves trails on my screen whenever something on the screen moves, and before you know it, the whole screen is like filled with messed up graphics. (so what if im low-vocab...) the game sort of skipps for a split second and then it happens. just kinda started happening in the jungle level. just added another stick of ram too. coud the ram have bad sectors or somehintg like that? i sometimes check the cpu temp and it always around 50 degrees c after the games messes up and i quit, but that's normal right? anyway the was pretty long, NEED HELP. SO FRUSTRATING! happened in moh:aa too.

evand

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th August 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

just removed the ram IT happened again. but for some reason it only happened once and i was playing it for like half an hour to 45 min altogerher .

one more thing, would it have anything to do with that nvidea refresh fix?

Grey Ghost

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

27th June 2002

0 Uploads

168 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Do you have all the updates for you pc. For example if you are running an AMD, do you have all the motherboard updates. Also do you have the new 30.82 drivers for the video card. I know I have XP and installed the 30.82 drivers on both pc's I own and it messed the graphics up on one pc and not the other. Even reinstalling the drivers for an older version did not work. I ended up reinstalling windows to fix the issue.

You can also try typing vid_restart in console. This will restart your graphics if they mess up.

If you had bad ram, you would freeze up and would have problems elsewhere, not just in the game.

Good Luck on your issue

Grey Ghost :uhm: