Cat On Drugs

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th December 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Well, i've been trying to manually reinstall SOF2 since I kept getting the notorious black and white screen problem which I fixed by copying the texture.pk files from cd to the drive. NOW i finally got MP to work at a certain extent. It loads normally to the main MP screen and this is where it gets haywire. the LEFT mouse button doesn not work AT ALL. I can only click on something with the right mouse button and when I try click the Join Server button the SOF loading screen comes up and then goes back to the main MP screen saying Bad UI System Trap: 179. I havent the slightest clue what to do, any help would be appreciated. Here are my system specs if ya need em:

P4 2.26 processor 256mb Ram (SDRAM i believe) geforce 4 64mb MX with UPDATED DRIVERS separate CD and CDRW drives

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Cat

Angry-MoNkEy

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

14th September 2002

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

hey that happened to me just reinstall the game it worked for me and also lol i had teh grey and white problem too

Cat On Drugs

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th December 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I did reinstall like 5 times, Manually reinstalled 3 times and nothing. Now I got it up to this point where I get the screen up and working but I cant use the left mouse button, only use the right mouse button to click and every time I click on the Join Server, I get the BAD UI system trap: 179 error. I need help!

maverick529

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th December 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. I UNISTAWLLED SOF2 AND REINSTALLED BUT IT STILL DOESNTE WORKK!!!!!! I NNEEDD HELP.

Fecal_Rain

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th December 2002

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I have the same problem. However, it only happens when I try to use the Mandown MOD. Normal SOFII MP works fine. I wish someone could provide some advice on how to fix the prob.

keijo laama

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th December 2002

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I had the same problem, but i found a way to fix it.

step 1. uninstall sof2.

step 2. delete whole folder manually from program files or where ever you have it installed. ( u will notice that its not really empty!)

step 3. delete "raven" from start menu.

step 4 . Use "find"-- files and folders" and look for punkbuster files and sof2 patches and delete them manually

your computer MUST BE TOTALLY CLEAR of any files related to sof2.

step 5. empty your recycle bin

step 6. do a clean installation..yea.. i know, it´s a pain but there is no other way.

step 7. Test your game. It should work. then you just have to download and install punkbusters and extra maps and patches

-------enjoy---------------

maverick529

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th December 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

didnt work.....omg this really sux....i tried unistalling it twice and it still doesnt work is there anything i can do????????????:cool:

hoss

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

brother here is the solution.take it back to the store and exchange it.it happened t a few people i know and they worked on it for days and finally said f*ck it and returned it.then they had no problems.sorry i dont have better news for ya

hoss

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

hey bro just a follow up i wrote an email to activision for support .my friend is currently haveing the problem as we speak so when i get a reply i will post it :)

later hoss

hoss

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

well this is the response i got :( form activision:

Response (Kenneth Chia) - 12/20/2002 11:28 PM Hello. Thank you for taking the time to write our customer support department.

We are still investigating this issue. It is quite rare and we are unable to reproduce this error. Try the following fix:

Uninstall the game, then delete the game folder.

Reinstall the game.

Install the 1.01 Patch.

Install the 1.02 Patch.

Try the game and see if it works.

there u go alot of help that was :(

lol and if u figure it out please post :)