Destroyer666

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th August 2002

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hey I just installed a new Radeon 9700 card. I'm using it with an Athlon XP 1800 with 512 DDR ram. Any other game works really well. But when I play SOF2 online, I get wierd graphic and sound tic exactly every second. Can someone help?

Searchname

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th December 2002

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I have the same issue. I have played around with it and can tell that if I use "Fastest" settings (640x480) it plays fine. Otherwise, it freezes every couple of seconds for a couple of seconds. This happens on the main screen that you join in Multiplayer, where the characters are walking. If you click on any other option (sound, video, etc.), everything works without any studdering. As soon as you go back to the character screen or start the game, the studdering starts again. It is obviously a rendering issue. I have set all of my driver settings to "Performance" and the game settings to "Performance" and it works. If I notch up the game settings, it starts the skipping again.

Any ideas?

I'm using the latest DX9 drivers w/ DX9

Destroyer666

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th August 2002

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I fixed the issue! It turned out that punk buster was downloading while I was playing on the server (for some strange reason!). Once it was downloaded I was playing with great framerate.