m590 sound -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

hi , i play in a pure server , and i would like to know , if there is a way to change the m590 sound just for me (not for the server) because the sound is too loud for me , and i like to use high audio volume to hear the enemy steps if there is a way , how can i do that ? thank you

Goody. VIP Member

Former Network Admin and Former Forum Admin

98,475 XP

26th July 2005

4 Uploads

8,392 Posts

3 Threads

#2 12 years ago

not on a pure server nope. even on a unpure server i it would be more trouble than its worth.

LeTHaL BaNaNa

pro

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

1,844 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

It's very easy. Open up the texturesandsound.pk3 with something like winzip, extract the sound\weapons\m590\fire01.wav, edit it, put in in a folder whateverpath/sound/weapons/m590/fire01.wav, zip up the sound folder, and rename .zip to .pk3 and place it your sof2/base/mp folder. I'm going to assume you are not a total idiot and that this is enough information for you.

Goody. VIP Member

Former Network Admin and Former Forum Admin

98,475 XP

26th July 2005

4 Uploads

8,392 Posts

3 Threads

#4 12 years ago

would that cause problems on a pure server LB?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

im trying to do that but its not working , are you sure it work in a pure server ?? i tried the way you said but nothing happens, i also tried in olhtres ways similar to yours, but the same old default sound never is changed if you remenber the right way , or have another sugestion , plz , reply me

LeTHaL BaNaNa

pro

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

1,844 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

I'm sorry, I missed the pure server part :P

This won't on pure servers. But, you can always use the old trick to first start a nonpure server yourself first and then join a pure server. But I don't know how PB reacts to that nowadays.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

ok , ty