MILD7

I'll get you in the mix!

50 XP

22nd January 2005

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hey all, Just to tell you that you missed something :p This thing is UNF104 MOD. It has been released by Kris Rigby(Mandown) long time ago but its time for it now to be famous. What MOD are you playing? OSP? its nice but its the granpa of the mods.. RoCMOD? the mod where you spend more time reading messages and hearing stupid sounds.. Those 2 mods don't really change the game in itself. Did u ever tried out UNF104? Here are the real changes! -Double weapons -Colored team mates names instead of icons -Basic HUD (very cute!) -Choose from 45 player skins even in team gametype -OSP-like tokens, ref and admin commands -New usefull radio commands with set up menu -Pro mode (nades xplose in air, crouch height decreased, knives act like nades(u can hold them before to throw)...) -position, size & alpha of the radar -Team overlay (very simple, so cute!) -and loads of options.. Kris gave up on this work because the mod wasn't famous when it came out (too early i think). Let's play it more because it really increase the fun! Let's get Kris back to the work!! If we're many to play, maybe he would change his decision and continue to develop the mod. The mod didn't have a homepage, so i did a simple one yesterday, There's a little forum also. If you tried and like the mod, please write something there! Thank you. :) (please don't make this thread a mods war..)

AcE

50 XP

8th November 2003

0 Uploads

3,835 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

MO this mod sux :)

MILD7

I'll get you in the mix!

50 XP

22nd January 2005

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Age: 23? Posts: 1,603 (ok i see why..) do you post to show your signature? (not a personal attack, just a comment) :)

Gumdrops

I need to get closer..

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,292 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I tried it.. No one was ever on the servers when I joined. No point to be honest. :p

MILD7

I'll get you in the mix!

50 XP

22nd January 2005

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

some other features : -Hud Style (Basic/Classic/Classic Small) -Identify Target (Off/Center/Bottom) -Target Infos (Off/Bars/Text) -Names Scale (Tiny/Small/Medium/Large/Very Large) -Chat Overhead -Crosshair color (Let you choose the color of your crosshair from the ui) -Gore Detail (Low/Medium/High/Very High/EXTREME) -Dead Body Gore (Off/Low/Medium/High) -Dying View (Simple/Matched)

tons of other parameters for client and server sides..

Sir Paul

Retired Network Staff

50 XP

2nd November 2002

0 Uploads

4,891 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I like to make my own server (listern) now and again, and have some fun tormenting the Bots ;)

TOM1982

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

31st December 2004

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Yes, it is nice mod. CanSpecForces mod was based on it. Only mod that supported proning :rolleyes: . BARD mod uses the same wnt botroutes and there is botroute maker. You can download BARD mod just to take those botroutes and put them into Unf104 mod :cool: .

MILD7

I'll get you in the mix!

50 XP

22nd January 2005

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

CanSpecForces is based on Mandown. Kris Rigby made the code source public. You can prone in Mandown & CanSpecForces but not in UNF104. However, UNF104 is probably the only which allows you the use of double weapons. Cya! :D

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

hmm obviously you don't know much about the rocmod then. i suggest you get more information before you make a post like this (concidering the cvar attachments that rocmod gives. Anticamp cvars and such, but noooo that doesn't change the game at all). Also Rocmod and osp are constantly updating. Not because they are terrible mods, but because they are always improving.

MILD7

I'll get you in the mix!

50 XP

22nd January 2005

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

They are, i agree, nice mods. i'm just putting on the top the weak points.. Also i never talked about RoCMOD options and cvars, but still, RoCMOD is noisy who can't say so? and anti-camp cvar?! i'm not sure that's a good idea.. Raven didn't include this feature in the original game right? because "camping" is a strategic part of the game. if you're so good, you should just look around you before, to see if someone is not there. Also if you see maps, there are always many places to hide, even on the custom maps. That's just that one day, someone on CS said "hiding somewhere is bad!!" so everybody repeat.. i think that's sad. It means that being strategic is forbidden.. Me, when i get killed by someone hiding, i think "oh! im stupid! didn't look there!". But some other people think "f*ckin camper!". Seems that it depends on your way to evaluate your own capacity to play. :P Ah.. the thread is about UNF104 right? lol I just gave my opinion on "camping" okay? So if you never tried UNF104, go ahead! See the cute options and enjoy! You too MerrickDS :D give it a try! Cya