michglich2

TIMEX1

50 XP

4th July 2006

0 Uploads

56 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Half of the bots in this mod "Unf104" guards the flag which sucks i want that all the bots attacks how can i do that?

Do i need to make new botroutes? if so how can i do it? Thanks!

brijs

ye

50 XP

20th July 2003

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

theres a manual included w/ the mod Commands : ---------- wpsave Save current waypoints to maps/.wps

wpload Don't use.

wptestpath Debugging function - don't need to use.

wpgen Auto-generate waypoint command - not recommended as it doesn't work well.

How to make a waypoint file : ----------------------------- 1. Pick a map and load it with the command "devmap " 2. Type "g_editMode 2" at the console and load the map again.

3. Load the map a second time. 4. Use Attack, Alt Attack etc to construct pathes through the level. 5. Once done, type "\wpsave" at the console

+attack - select closest way point to crosshair (while aiming down) - select closest way point

+altattack - clear current way point

+firemode - DELETE current way point

+use - create waypoint (with current point) - link current point to point in crosshair / closest (+speed) - create a one way from current point to point in crosshair / closest One way link are used to make bots jump down off balconies, roofs etc. Think of them as short cuts. +reload - create a waypoint and/or link it to current one Easiest way to make a quick path (run around hitting reload) (+speed) - as above, but all one way links

VM memory is the only real limit there seems to be on the amount of waypoints you can have. Its doubtful you'll ever get close to using it though. I've had levels with 6000+ way points using an autogen routine, so... Don't go overboard and everything should be OK.

Take a look at the (crappy) .wps files for mp_hk2, mp_raven etc.

michglich2

TIMEX1

50 XP

4th July 2006

0 Uploads

56 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Thanks! i will try that:)

Gumdrops

I need to get closer..

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,292 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Well I never knew that was the way to create waypoints. I guess that's a hell'uva lot easier than some games where you have to type the X,Y and Z co-ordinates in. Crazy.

GODh

People say I post too much

50 XP

8th February 2001

0 Uploads

1,274 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

If you open those wps files (wordpad?) you'll see that they still use X, Y and Z cooridinates...