Anyone have a problem with the name af a ship causing a crash in A2? I've been working on a seaQuest Mod for years, yesterday I decided to use the FLOPs A2PP to make a few warships build research pods. This worked no problem until I tried it with the ship named "Atlantis.odf". Atlantis crashed the game on the load screen right at the beginning of the load. I tried switching the Atlantis.odf out with her working sister ship Aquarius.odf. Give the Aquarius the name Altantis.odf and the game crashed despite the fact that Aquarius herself worked. To make things more complicated the Atlantis does work fine when not using my modified/hybrid reseach/craft odf. Any idea what is causing this issue? Rod
Hmm thats very odd, i've never heard of that before, but with Armada you never know...is it just the odf name or even the shipname itself? Have you tried say..."Atlantis1.odf"?
Well I figured it out. It wasn't the ship itself, it was the map I was trying to play on.
What happened was while playing a game I changed the background on my map in the map editor then resumed playing after saving. This saved all my ships on the screen at the time making them something like map units. They were not playable but they computer still tried to load them.
I changed the Include line on the Atlantis from "subbattle" my original generic ship file to subbattle3 the one with the research referance.
This created a conflict with the map Atlantis which was different from the Atlantis.odf. The problem was sever enough that even haveing the conflicting Atlantis in the odf/ships folder was enough to crash the map enen if I removed the reference to the ship from the race odf or never tried using other races entirely.