After much work for the past few days I've managed to get all but the station models sorted out (unconverted but texture and mesh corrections made), for the Freelancer Side, so without further ado heres the new update:
Freelancer updated side:
- Liberty Cruiser - Liberty Dreadnought/Battleship - Luxury Liner (*) - Nomad Battleship - Prison Liner (*) - Nomad Gunship - Bretonia Gunship
(* Both the liners will be reclassified as combat style capital vessels)
- Anubis - Bandy - Banshee - Baracuda - Blood Dragon - Centurion - Clydesdale (may be removed, pending) - Cougar (specially created for FL/3rd party) - Dagger - Defender - Drake - Dromedary - Eagle - Falcon - Humback - Hydra - Nomad Fighter - Rhino - Anubis (nomad variant) - Patriot - Piranha - Starblazer - Starflier - Valkyrie
(24 fighters in total but poly counts will be scrutinised carefully. Weapons models need to be added, and also there will be some interesting weapon additions if I can get the weapon sprite files from FL)
- Constructor - Freight Train - Basic Lander
(utility ships are larger than normal and constructable from the various stations)
Not checked at the time of posting this (will update later)
Starting station for the FL side will be the main jumpgate. This will have the ability to bring into the map, the constructor, at least two fighter classes, and the nomad ships (there is no organic shipyard for them). The gate will be heavily armed, armoured and use the wormhole animation from the species 8472 shipyard. Finally expect the liberty battleships to act as a carrier, but most fighters will be split between the various structures. Almost all structures will have armaments and plenty of armour to go around. Cruise capabilities will be removed, and the weapons systems will be:
- Laser based: high speed, high recharge, low hitting power - Proton based: medium speed, medium recharge, medium hitting power - Ion based: Low speed, low recharge, high hitting power - Plasma based: high speed, high recharge, high hitting power
- Missile: one launcher will fire a high damage missile. Speed is average in all types. - Torpedo: Standard and Starkiller (standard is exactly what it says. Starkiller is an anti-battleship torpedo which is extremely slow but packs a massive amount of damage).
Also to give an idea of the kind of ships (for those who haven't played the game) this is a 3dmax studio render of whats going to be available. The nomad battleship will be the largest one on the side.
damn Map.. good work..
Hmmmm, okay then. Heres a quick render of a few of the star wars vessels I'm imcluding.
Models vary in poly count from around 300 to 800 for the fighters and 1500 for the blockade runner.
ooooooo dats damn gd work, this is gonna b a mod greatly looked forward to