USS Poseidon NX-78010

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

214 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find a replacement for the USS Enterprise-E hero ship in the Single Player Campaign of the Federation. The one I downloaded and installed is from seaquest3062. http://armada2.filefront.com/file/USS_Enterprise_NCC1701E;20282

Anyway, I know this should work, because I see the screenshots for it on the file's download page, yet, every time I try to start up the Single Player campaign, the game crashes to the desktop right before the model appears on the screen for the first time.

At first, I thought there might have been an issues with the odf file. So, I went and C&P'ed the original (except for the hardpoints) over the odf that comes with the ship. But the game still crashes. I'm not sure what to do anymore. Any suggestions?

kel333

IWL: Klingon Defense Force

50 XP

10th June 2005

0 Uploads

728 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

I took a quick look at the download and finding nothing wrong. It could be something other than the new ship. It might have crashed, at first, because the odf was missing the label the mission map was calling for. But, if you added all the text from the original, (save the HPs) it should be okay. Check your odf to make sure you don't have any bad lines. Just a thought, but have you checked the events file? Could be the sound the game calls for, at the point of your crash, isn't referenced correctly. Or the sound file is missing. Have you tried restoring your game to before this mod was installed?

ChiefBrex

USS Poseidon NX-78010

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

214 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

yes I have. Once I do that, the problem's fixed. So it's something to do with the mod itself. But, what I don't get is, why is it working for others and not for me...

ChiefBrex

USS Poseidon NX-78010

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

214 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Okay, I managed to fix it. But now, the stock Sovereign is seen in the cutscenes instead of p81's Enterprise-E...

I copied and pasted the original fente over the one with the mod. The only things I didn't over write were the hps. I even copied and pasted the events.dat file from the mod, and it still works, but still uses the stock sovereign. But ingame, p81's Enterprise-E is seen.

Any ideas why it's doing this?

kel333

50 XP

10th June 2005

0 Uploads

728 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Aha! hehe j/k. First of all, what exactly did you do to get the in-game model to work? As for the stock model showing up, I believe that's because the one called for in the mission/map file is specific. If you want your new model to show, you either have to overwrite the one called for, or go into the map editor and replace the original with yours. If you don't know how to or can't edit maps, be cautious. Editing missions requires care.

kel333

50 XP

10th June 2005

0 Uploads

728 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

The safest (failsafe) thing to do is reinstall Armada and the patch-- then try the model again.