willsk8forfood15

-Meh

50 XP

16th April 2006

0 Uploads

624 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I am starting to compile mods and use things and I may be making a Mod for star trek armada 2. It will be the sequel to it. Maybe even named Star Trek Armada 3. Not an official release of course just a mod. And I was wondering about the cheats entered during single player. I.E. Pressing "enter" during gameplay and typing "showmethemoney" for instant 2000 dilithium. Is this hard-coded? How would i go about changing it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

The Joelteon7

The cake is a lie.There is no cake.

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Yes, they're hard-coded in. No they cannot be changed. To what end would you like to be able to do with this?

willsk8forfood15

-Meh

50 XP

16th April 2006

0 Uploads

624 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I would like to disable it. Well maybe. I am in the process of making (as stated above) a star trek armada 3 mod. And I am getting in depth with it just like Fleet operations did. I will post this request more thoroughly in the appropriate forum. I would also like to know how fleet ops made their own exe files etc. And How i would go about doing such.

The Joelteon7

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

They didn't change the exe file (in fact, such activities are illegal and don't get this whole debate started again otherwise you'll bes ory you asked :P) but did "something" with it. My suggestion is to go t www.fleetops.net and ask them, but I as do many others beleive, some of the way they went about things could be achieved without doing all they did. Irregardless, from the sounds of your request, they would be the best people to ask. However, you can't disable that cheat, sorry.

willsk8forfood15

-Meh

50 XP

16th April 2006

0 Uploads

624 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Okay joelteon. Thank you. I'll get right on that.

The Joelteon7

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

No problem.