For the Greater Good
15th October 2007
is there any way the transporter can be made to beam crew onto a ship/station/planet without lowering its shields? The Sovereign Class was able to do so, and the Neghvar too in Way of the Warrior.
Not sure thats ever been tried before. Transporter operations may be hardcoded.
18th January 2004
There was a discusion on some odf code over in the FO forumst, i hope im ok to quote it here
Quote from: glenflet on June 14, 2008, 01:08:57 AM I belive that at least 5 should be useful, that how many I think I orginal found, but that was 2 years ago, so I don't rember them all, heres the stuff I've been albe to find again.
healthRate - sets the rate at which the hull is repaired, like shieldrate dose for shields disableShieldsOnTransport - Sets whether shields drop when transporting
These ones don't appear to do any thing from my experiments
- ShieldPad, Related to Costs and build time etc.
- fireEventID, Related to weapons
- VampireEffect, Possibly a classlabel
- ah, you are right, we use healthrate in FO v3 (also in 3PR). haven't noticed it was not used in armada 2
- disableShieldsOnTransport is also not used in armada 2, that is true, but i think that was for a reason
- shieldPad can be used with all gameobjects, it expects a float value, the default value if nothing is defined in the odf files is 0.5 . i am not sure what it does, i have tried to track it down once but that was a long time ago and it seems that it is atleast used by armada somehow. for some reason i haven't investigated it further. i will put that on todo
- you can use fireEventID with weapon ODFs to define an event. however, it is not used by armada 2 at all (although i think we haven't tried with all weapons)
- vampireeffect is used "passively" by borg bore, shield inversion and the resource extraction beam. it cannot be used directly in odfs
No body says whether disableShieldsOnTransport = 0 would actually work or where that line would go, maybe you should look into it.
Enjoy the real thing ;)
15th April 2003
it works :)