Mighty442

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

16th September 2008

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

I'm having a slight problem with the Galaxy EVO that is downloadable at here. Galaxy EVO, Star Trek: Armada 2 Downloads, Star Trek: Armada 2 TNG, DS9, VOY and Future I got everything to finally work but every time I move the ship around a bit the game will crash. I can't figure out what's going on. It's kind of random. I know it's caused by moving the ship because if I just leave it still the game is fine but when I start moving the ship around a lot it will eventually crash the game. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem with this ship. I've gone through the ODF over and over again but haven't seen anything wrong with it. The crash will also happen if I seperate the ship and have the 2 parts moving around. Has anyone installed this ship?

DarkEnergy

a basin of water

50 XP

12th April 2006

0 Uploads

459 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

did you read the comments section of that page? there is a known bug and a solution to fix it.

thats what happens to me sometimes - I download a ship I like and when I try to put it in my game week later I have completly forgotten about the problems and fixes in the comments section.

dEjavU'

50 XP

7th June 2008

0 Uploads

662 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

..sorry ameba but it looks like Mighty442 fixed just about every other problem for this model except this one and what doddles my mind even more is that(including me here)not too many others have this problem....

Mighty442

50 XP

16th September 2008

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

Yes, all those post fix were by me. I spent some time today playing with the ship and getting most of the bugs worked out. The ship looks great and I hate to not be able to use it. I think the problem isn't the ODF but either the SOD or the texture. Currently I'm using the ship with the no registry texture. I'll try the ship with the registry texture to see if it might be a problem with the texture but I don't know how that would cause the game to crash. I don't know much about SOD work so I don't know if something in the SOD might be faulty or not. I'll post up a screen shot of the error message I get a bit later.

Mighty442

50 XP

16th September 2008

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

OK I tried switching the texture to the registry version but that didn't make a difference. The only thing I can think of is a problem with the actual SOD. If there is anyone that is really good with SOD work that can look over the model that would be great. I've also posted a screen shot of the error message I've been getting. galaxyevoerror.jpg

dEjavU'

50 XP

7th June 2008

0 Uploads

662 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

...I don't think it has anything to do with the ship at all....well I mean it does have something to do with the ship but more along the lines of it conflicting with the way how your game is set up somehow. I say this because I'm not having this problem at all and I can assume allot of people out there who downloaded and used this ship don't either leading me to suspect that maybe it's a problem outside of the ships individual files, so I wouldn't go any further tinkering with the mod cause it works..;)....

Firestorm603

We (modders) are one.

50 XP

8th August 2008

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

Is it to do with the ships physics? Try using something else like scoutBase.odf or cruise1-3.odf.

Mighty442

50 XP

16th September 2008

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago
dEjavU';4615674...I don't think it has anything to do with the ship at all....well I mean it does have something to do with the ship but more along the lines of it conflicting with the way how your game is set up somehow. I say this because I'm not having this problem at all and I can assume allot of people out there who downloaded and used this ship don't either leading me to suspect that maybe it's a problem outside of the ships individual files, so I wouldn't go any further tinkering with the mod cause it works..;)....

Tinkering is what we do. I'm sure it's a problem with the ship itself because this doesn't happen with any other ship. I have Thun's MVAM Prometheus and that works fine.

Mighty442

50 XP

16th September 2008

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago
Firestorm603;4615678Is it to do with the ships physics? Try using something else like scoutBase.odf or cruise1-3.odf.

That was my thought too. So I did change the original physics from battle2.odf to battle.odf. I even tried what you suggested before and changed it to the different scout and cruise physics. None of that made a differnce. My only thought is that it's a problem with the SOD itself. I did try bringing up the SOD in Milkshape but I don't know enough to tell anything from that.